Help for living / Bremerhaven Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Benefits to secure livelihood, the so-called subsistence allowance, are divided between SGB II and SGB XII. Persons capable of gainful employment and their relatives receive benefits according to SGB II. Anyone who can be gainfully employed for at least 3 hours a day under the usual conditions of the general labour market is capable of earning a living. Temporarily not gainfully employed persons receive benefits according to SGB XII. The pension insurance institution determines the earning capacity. If the husband/wife or partner receives benefits in accordance with SGB II, there is no entitlement to benefits in accordance with SGB XII. An application must then be made to the job centre in accordance with SGB II. Assistance with subsistence in accordance with SGB XII is granted if the necessary subsistence cannot or cannot sufficiently be met from one's own resources and means, in particular income and assets. The subsistence assistance is paid monthly in advance as a lump sum. From 1 January 2018, the following standard levels of assistance will apply: RBS 1: 416 Euro RBS 2: 374 Euro RBS 3: 332 Euro RBS 4: 316 Euro RBS 5: 296 Euro RBS 6: 240 Euro Single parents have a claim to an additional requirement supplement, which is regulated in § 30 SGB XII. If necessary, further additional requirements can be approved, which must be applied for and justified in each individual case. Furthermore, the reasonable costs for accommodation and heating are paid, if there is a need.

Proof of loading, All load certificates, such as Rental agreement including proof of rental payments, Proof of any additional energy costs to be paid (electricity, water, gas) Proof of the respective health insurance, gffs. contribution invoice etc., Statement of assets, e.g. savings books, life insurance, car, etc.   Bank detailsvalid identity card or passport (original, no copy)Residence permit, In addition to the identity document, foreign nationals require the valid residence permit (with supplementary sheet if necessary) proof of income and assets of the applicant, All proof of income and assets, e.g. pension statements, alimony, other social benefits, savings books, life insurance, car

no or insufficient temporary pension habitual residence in the Federal Republic of Germany
The application may be made in writing, by telephone or even in person without observing any form. The necessary application documents must then be submitted in full and in a timely manner. To apply for the SGB-XII benefits, the social office provides an application form. This is usually filled out by the clerk together with the applicant. No benefits can be granted for days before the application is submitted.