Applying for a certificate concerning sole custody Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

"The mother of the child may receive a written confirmation if no joint declaration of custody has been issued or transferred by the family court (negative certificate)

Identity card or passport

Indication of the date and place of birth of the child and the name that the child had at the time of the notarisation of his or her birth.

If the child was not born in Bremen, mothers can also contact the care register of the youth welfare office of the child's place of birth directly. The certificate (the so-called "negative certificate") can then be issued by this Youth Welfare Office.
Mothers who live in Bremen should contact the Beistandschaft -Jugendamt- department of the Office for Social Services by telephone or in person. The Youth Welfare Office (or the district) of the mother's habitual residence is responsible for issuing the negative certificate. A corresponding certificate will be sent at short notice if the child was born in Bremen. Otherwise, you have to ask the Youth Welfare Office of the place of birth of the child.