Extend driving licence Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The licence is issued for the category in question if the applicant: has his normal residence in the country, has reached the required minimum age: - 25 years for direct access to Class A - 21 years for Classes D, D1, DE or D1E - 18 years for Class A if access is by steps and for Classes B, BE, C, C1, CE or C1E - 16 years for Classes A1, L, M and T is suitable for driving motor vehicles, has been trained to drive motor vehicles in accordance with the Driving Instructors Act and the legal provisions based on it, has demonstrated the ability to drive motor vehicles in a theoretical and practical test, has mastered the basic principles of care for road traffic accident victims or can provide first aid, fulfils the requirements for vision, does not hold a driving licence for this category issued in a Member State of the European Union or in another State which is a party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area and proves that the conditions have been fulfilled accordingly.

1. for all classes:, - Identity card or passport - if applicable, registration certificate - Photograph that complies with the provisions of the passport regulation - Previous original driving licence 2. for Class A, A1, A2, AM, L, T, B, BE in addition to 1:, - Proof of participation in a training course in 1. help - Vision test certificate (not older than 2 years) 3. for Class C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D and DE in addition to 1:, - Proof of training in 1.help, - certificate or report on visual acuity (not older than 2 years) - certificate or report on physical and mental aptitude 4. for classes D1, D1E, D and DE in addition to 1. and 3:, - Expert opinion on special requirements - certificate of good conduct type O (can be applied for at the driving licence authority)

Application to the driving licence authority (usually done by the driving school) Examination of the documents by the authority Obtaining of register information (central traffic register), zT certificate of good conduct Issue of a test order to the TÜV Issue of the driving licence by handing over the driving licence (within the scope of the practical examination by the TÜV) The TÜV returns test orders to the driving licence authority if the theoretical examination has not been passed within twelve months of receipt of the test order, the practical examination has not been passed within twelve months of passing the theoretical examination, or in cases where a theoretical examination is not required, the practical examination has not been passed within twelve months of receipt of the test order. An extension is not possible. A new application must be made.

More detailed information can be obtained from the driving licence authority. For a period of two years from the date of issue, Class A only entitles the holder to drive motorcycles with a rated power not exceeding 25 kW and a power/unladen weight ratio not exceeding 0.16 kw/kg. Derogation: Class A is granted on completion of the age of 25. A licence for categories C, C1, D or D1 may be issued only if the applicant already holds a category B licence or has fulfilled the conditions for its issue, in which case the licence for the higher category may be issued at the earliest with the licence for category B. Class E may only be issued if the applicant already holds a driving licence for the towing vehicle or has fulfilled the requirements for its issue; in this case, class E may only be issued with the driving licence for the towing vehicle at the earliest For driving the following motor vehicles, a test certificate is required instead of a driving licence Single-track, single-seater bicycles with auxiliary motor up to 25 km/h (mopeds; special seats for children under seven years of age may be fitted). electronic mobility aids within the meaning of the Mobility Aid Ordinance (MobHV) Neither a driving licence nor a test certificate is required for the following vehicles: Motorised patient lifts, single-seater motor vehicles designed for use by physically disabled persons with: - electric drive - an unladen weight not exceeding 300 kg including batteries but excluding the driver - a maximum authorised mass not exceeding 500 kg - a maximum speed not exceeding 15 km/h - a width overall not exceeding 110 cm. For older motorized patient lifts with a maximum speed of more than 10 km/h there are transitional provisions and special regulations (obligation to obtain a test certificate). Tractors which, by virtue of their construction, are intended for use in agriculture or forestry, self-propelled work machines, forklifts and other industrial trucks, each with a maximum speed of not more than 6 km/h determined by the construction, as well as single-axle tractors and work machines which are guided by pedestrians on rails. When a driving licence of categories L, M or T is extended for the first time to one of the other categories, the driving licence of the category to which it is extended shall be issued on a trial basis. Anyone who makes journeys for commercial purposes (this also includes own-account transport and auxiliary transport activities) on public roads with the following motor vehicles:: Vehicles with a maximum permissible mass exceeding 3.5 tonnes (driving licence of class C1, C1E, C, CE), Vehicles having more than 8 passenger seats in passenger transport (licence categories D1, D1E, D, DE) must, if the classes D1, D1E, D, DE from 10.9.08 and classes C1, C1E, C, CE were acquired from 10.09.09 onwards, Prove the basic qualification according to the Professional Driver Qualification Act (BKrFQG) and the Professional Driver Qualification Ordinance and have it entered in the driving licence with the code number 95. Details can be obtained from the Chamber of Commerce. Examination in foreign languages The theoretical examination must be taken in German. It is carried out on the basis of questions. For applicants who cannot read or write sufficiently, there is the possibility of an oral examination in German, if necessary with audio support. If the applicant refuses this, the examination will be held in writing. The oral examination must correspond in content and scope to the written examination. A deaf interpreter must be admitted for the examination of deaf persons. The examination of class B and the examination of only the basic material in the other classes (including mopeds) can also be taken in writing in the following foreign languages: English, French, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish, Turkish.