Applying for a residence permit after entry with visa Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Please note that a residence permit can generally only be issued if you have entered the country with the necessary national visa or a corresponding exception to the visa requirement exists. Exceptions exist for the following countries: Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, USA, Republic of Korea In order to obtain a residence permit, you must appear in person at the Migration Office. However, this is only possible in the "Entry" department by appointment. For an appointment request, please fill out the form "Terminvergabe Einreise" (see under Forms) and send it by e-mail to Alternatively, you can also send us the appointment request by mail or fax. We will send you your appointment as soon as possible to the contact details you provided. If you have entered Germany without the necessary visa and have to stay in Germany due to a special personal / family emergency, please contact us immediately by e-mail and apply for an appointment, stating your reasons:

A personal visit to the Migration Office is required by prior appointment . Please fill out the form "Form for appointment allocation entry" (see under Forms) and send it by mail to