Towing of unlawfully parked vehicles Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If your car has been parked contrary to traffic regulations and thereby endangers public safety, the traffic control staff can order a towing or a transfer.

Please note that there will also be a charge for a transfer, even if you may not have noticed at first that the position of your vehicle has been changed.

  • Vehicle documents,
    • registration certificate part 1 or vehicle registration document) or
    • Registration certificate part 2 or vehicle title
  • Identity card or passport
  • Driving licence


To pick up your vehicle from our contractual partner, you need a proof of ownership. This can be for example:

  • Registration certificate part 1 (formerly vehicle registration document) or
  • Registration certificate part 2 (formerly vehicle registration document)

An existing second key is not sufficient.

In addition, the following documents should also be carried:

  • identity card or passport
  • Driving licence
  • BremPolG

If you notice that your vehicle is no longer at the parking lot, you can obtain information either from the police or directly from our contractual partner BAV by calling +49 421-544444.

If your vehicle has been towed away, you can collect it from the BAV against payment of the towing costs, including the administration fee and safekeeping costs.

If your vehicle has been towed, you will be given a hearing in which you can comment on the incident (admission). The facts of the case will be checked again by our specialists. If your filing does not lead to the discontinuation of the proceedings, you will receive a cost assessment notice against which you can lodge an objection.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available