Apply for registration certificate II - loss, theft / Bremerhaven Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Together with the Registration Certificate Part II (previously: vehicle registration document), a new Registration Certificate Part I (previously: vehicle registration document) must also be issued, because the new number of the replacement Registration Certificate Part II must be entered in the Registration Certificate Part I.

  • Identity card or passport
  • in case of representation with written power of attorney,

    additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative

  • if registered to companies,

    in addition:
    - business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
    - power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site

  • Registration certificate part I or vehicle registration document
  • Confirmation of the theft report from the police, if applicable
  • if necessary, affirmation in lieu of oath,

    when delivered to a notary

  • valid identity card or passport
  • valid test report on a general inspection,



Theft report or confirmation of loss

  • § 12 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV) (Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil II)
  • Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
  • § 5 Straßenverkehrsgesetz (StVG) (Verlust von Dokumenten und Kennzeichen)

An application for the issue of a Part II registration certificate must be submitted to the registration authority which has allocated the registration number.


  • In case of loss of the registration certificate part II or the vehicle registration document, the last holder of the document has to appear in person at the registration office. It is also possible to appoint a representative with a written power of attorney who carries a copy of the identity card of the person giving the power of attorney.
  • In case of theft, it is advisable to present a confirmation from the police of the theft report. The licensing authority may demand an affidavit in lieu of the loss.

The loss of the original document is published in the Verkehrsblatt. Only after the release can the Certificate of Registration Part II be collected by the entitled person or an authorised representative together with the then newly issued Certificate of Registration Part I. The previous registration certificate Part I is then withdrawn by the registration authority.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available