Umkennzeichnung / Bremerhaven Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
In case of theft or loss of one or both license plates, a change of the license plate number is mandatory for security reasons. In these cases it is not possible to have a replacement plate stamped. The stolen or lost plates will be blocked for ten years.
If one or both license plates are stolen, a criminal complaint must be filed with the police in advance. The registration number must be presented to the vehicle registration office when applying for a change of registration number.
If license plates have only been damaged, but are still available in their entirety, new replacement license plates can be stamped. In this case a re-labelling is not necessary.
Re-labelling can also be applied for at any time without stating reasons, if there is a desire for a different label. In this case, the previous markings must be presented in addition to the vehicle documents.
With the entry into force of the Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV) on 01.03.2007, the responsibility within the registration procedure has changed from the "location principle" to the "residence principle". For private persons, only the registration authority of the main residence is responsible. Admissions to a 2nd residence, including re-admissions, are no longer possible. In the case of legal entities, proof of the company headquarters or a participating branch in Bremen/Bremerhaven must be provided.
- Identity card or passport
- if registered to companies,
- business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
- power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site
- in case of representation with written power of attorney,
additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative
- valid test report on a general inspection,
e.g. TÜV, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, GTS, FSP
- Remaining license plate, if applicable
- Registration certificate part II or old vehicle registration document
- Registration certificate part I or vehicle registration document
- for loss of registration number,
additional written declaration of loss
- in the event of license plate theft,
additionally registration number of the police
- For a re-labelling of the vehicle, a valid general inspection must be proven by presenting the original test report.
- There must be no outstanding administrative fees and expenses from previous registrations. Existing residues must be settled before approval.
- There must not be any vehicle tax arrears (including ancillary tax benefits such as interest, late payment surcharges). Existing vehicle tax arrears must be settled before registration.
Important: This is a service in municipal responsibility. You can therefore only visit an office that is located in your place of residence.
Power of attorney:
A power of attorney should expediently include that the authorised representative is entitled to clarify any arrears of fees and/or vehicle tax arrears.
- Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV)
- Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
Beitreibungserleichterungsgesetz Kfz-Zulassung (BEG HB)
- § 6a Abs. 8 Straßenverkehrsgesetz (StVG) iVm § 1 Gesetz zur Beitreibung von Gebühren- und Auslagenrückständen bei der Zulassung von Fahrzeugen im Land Bremen (Beitreibungserleichterungsgesetz Kfz-Zulassung – BEG HB)
Re-labelling must be requested by submitting the necessary documents. The application can also be made by a representative (e.g. car dealer) with a written power of attorney.
The insurance company will be automatically informed by the registration authority about the allocation of the new registration number.
To avoid longer waiting periods, appointments can be made:
-> for Bremerhaven: by telephone under (0471) 590-3470 or 3480
Customers without an appointment will be served in parallel, with priority given to appointment customers.
Requests for approval from commercial approval services will continue to be accepted without appointment.
License plates can be produced during the registration process. For this purpose, private providers have established themselves close to the registration authorities. The costs for the signs are not included in the fees. The license plates are stamped by the licensing authority, i.e. they are provided with stickers for the main inspection and the licensing district.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available