Rotes Oldtimerkennzeichen / Bremerhaven Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Vehicles are considered "historic" if they were first registered at least 30 years ago. The date of first registration is decisive.
The registration plate may only be used in the following cases:
- Participation in events which serve to present classic cars and "care of the motor-vehicle cultural heritage", as well as for arrivals and departures to such events
- Test drives, test drives and transfer drives
- Trips for maintenance and repair of the classic cars
- Identity card or passport
- if registered to companies,
- business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
- power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site
- in case of representation with written power of attorney,
additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative
- Registration certificate part I (formerly: vehicle registration document)
- License plates,
for registered vehicles
- electronic insurance confirmation (eVB)
- Direct debit authorisation for motor vehicle tax (SEPA Direct Debit Mandate)
- if necessary, confirmation of reservation for the desired license plate
- for registered vehicles ,
- registration certificate part I (vehicle registration document)
- registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document)
- if applicable the previously assigned registration plates
- expert opinion § 23 StVZO (expert opinion for the classification of a vehicle as a classic car) and general inspection
- for vehicles withdrawn from service before 1 October 2005: certificate of immobilisation instead of vehicle registration document
- Vehicles for which no type approval is available,
- full expert opinion according to § 21 StVZO
- electronic insurance confirmation (eVB) - export,
for the export of vehicles (if necessary, also by fax to the registration office for the specific occasion)
- valid identity card or passport
- Certificate of good conduct in document type OG (for submission to an authority),
(to be applied for at the local registration office responsible for your residence)
- Information from the central traffic register at the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA)
- first registered at least 30 years ago
- Assessment by an officially recognised expert of a technical inspection body or a test engineer of an officially recognised monitoring organisation
- as far as possible in the original condition and in good condition of the vehicle
- no outstanding fees and expenses from previous admission procedures.
In case of payment arrears, the registration authority may not register the vehicle until these have been settled.
- no vehicle tax arrears (including additional tax payments such as interest, late payment surcharges).
The vehicle tax accounts are checked by the registration office as part of the processing of the registration application. In the case of tax arrears, the registration office may not register the vehicle until these have been paid.
- Written direct debit authorization for the collection of the vehicle tax
Important: This is a service provided by a local authority. Therefore, you can only visit an office that is located in your place of residence.
- The red classic car license plate is an alternative to the classic car license plate with the nominal letter "H" at the end.
- An amendment to the Vehicle Tax Act came into force on July 1, 2010. The following changes apply to registrations as of July 1, 2010:
- When registering a vehicle, a SEPA direct debit mandate is required to collect the vehicle tax. A SEPA direct debit mandate issued for the first taxation is also valid for subsequent years.
- Vehicle tax exemption or reduction as a result of severe disability:
Severely disabled persons with the mark "H", "BI" or "aG" in their severely disabled ID card continue to be exempt from vehicle tax. Based on the proof in their ID card, they do not have to submit a direct debit authorization.
Further information is available from the main customs office in Bremen.
- electronic confirmation of insurance (eVB):
You can obtain the confirmation of insurance regarding your motor vehicle liability insurance from the insurance company of your choice. In most cases, you can request the insurance confirmation from your insurance company by telephone.
- An informal application for the issuance of the red classic car license plates can be handed out at the Bürgerbüro Nord.
- A general inspection is required according to § 29 StVZO (not required if a full certificate according to § 21 StVZO is available).
- Since March 1, 2008, the insurer can give you an insurance confirmation with a 7-digit alphanumeric VB number, which the registration authority uses to retrieve the insurance data electronically from the central database of the German Insurance Association.
§ 23 Straßenverkehrs-Zulassungs-Ordnung (StVZO)
- § 6 i.V.m. § 9 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV)
- Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
§ 13 Kraftfahrzeugsteuergesetz (KraftStG)
- For the allocation of a red classic car license plate, an informal application is usually sufficient. This can be submitted in writing or handed in personally to the registration authority. You can also authorise a representative with your written authorisation to submit the application.
- The registration authority will issue a vehicle registration booklet after the applicant's reliability check has been completed (approx. 2 - 4 weeks).
- The insurance company is automatically informed by the registration authority about the allocation of the registration number.
- Appointments are offered to avoid longer waiting periods.
- In Bremerhaven under (0471) 590-3470 or 3480
Customers without an appointment will be served in parallel, with priority given to appointment customers.
Commercial registration requests will continue to be accepted without appointment.
License plates can be produced during the registration process. For this purpose, private suppliers have settled near the registration authorities. The costs for the signs are not included in the fees. The license plates are stamped by the licensing authority, i.e. they are provided with stickers for the main inspection and the licensing district.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available