foreign registration number / Bremerhaven Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
The registration of a vehicle that was previously registered abroad is more complicated than the registration of a new vehicle or the transfer of ownership, as more documents are required.
In order to be able to complete the procedure quickly despite this, it is above all necessary to be able to submit all the necessary documents to the responsible office as completely as possible.
- Identity card or passport
- if registered to companies,
- business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
- power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site
- in case of representation with written power of attorney,
additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative
- Proof of the authorisation of the vehicle owner to be registered,
Information on the documents required for the initial registration of vehicles with
- EC type approval
- National type approval
please refer to the service description "Registering a motor vehicle" under "Requirements".
- foreign registration papers and number plates
- electronic insurance confirmation (eVB)
- if applicable, sales tax return (for EU import),
Vehicles that were first registered in another EU member state no more than six months ago and whose previous mileage is less than 6,000 km are considered new vehicles for tax purposes.
- if the vehicle was imported from countries outside the EU,
(applies to both new and used vehicles):
- customs clearance certificate (available from the main customs office)
- for vehicles with EC type approval: Inspection report on general inspection
- for vehicles without EC type approval: Expert opinion of an officially recognized expert according to § 21 StVZO (full expert opinion)
- Direct debit authorisation for motor vehicle tax (SEPA Direct Debit Mandate)
- electronic insurance confirmation (eVB) - export,
for the export of vehicles (if necessary, also by fax to the registration office for the specific occasion)
- valid identity card or passport
- valid test report on a general inspection,
e.g. TÜV, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, GTS, FSP
- no outstanding fees and expenses from previous admission procedures.
In case of payment arrears, the registration authority may not register the vehicle until these have been settled.
- no vehicle tax arrears (including additional tax payments such as interest, late payment surcharges).
The vehicle tax accounts are checked by the registration office as part of the processing of the registration application. In the case of tax arrears, the registration office may not register the vehicle until these have been paid.
- Written direct debit authorization for the collection of the vehicle tax
Important: This is a service provided by a local authority. Therefore, you can only visit an office that is located in your place of residence.
- Paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV) regulate which vehicles are subject to the registration requirement.
- On 1 July 2010, an amendment to the Vehicle Tax Act came into force. The following changes apply to registrations from July 1, 2010:
- When a vehicle is registered, a SEPA Direct Debit Mandate is required for the collection of vehicle tax. A SEPA Direct Debit Mandate issued for initial taxation is also valid for subsequent years.
- Motor vehicle tax exemption or reduction due to severe disability:
Severely disabled persons with the mark "H", "BI" or "aG" in their severely disabled pass continue to be exempt from motor vehicle tax. They do not need to submit a direct debit authorization because of the evidence in their ID.
Further information is available from the main customs office in Bremen.
- Electronic confirmation of insurance (eVB):
You can obtain the confirmation of insurance via the motor vehicle liability insurance from the insurance company of your choice. In most cases, you can request the insurance confirmation by telephone from your insurance company.
Since 1 March 2008, the insurer has been able to provide you with an insurance confirmation with a 7-digit alphanumeric VB number, which the registration authority uses to retrieve the insurance data electronically from the central database of the German Insurance Association.
- §§ 6, 7 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV) (Antrag auf Zulassung)
- Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
§ 13 Kraftfahrzeugsteuergesetz (KraftStG)
- § 6a Abs. 8 Straßenverkehrsgesetz (StVG) iVm § 1 Gesetz zur Beitreibung von Gebühren- und Auslagenrückständen bei der Zulassung von Fahrzeugen im Land Bremen (Beitreibungserleichterungsgesetz Kfz-Zulassung – BEG HB)
- An application for approval must be submitted to the approval authority. The application can also be made by a representative (e.g. car dealer) with a written power of attorney.
- If a desired registration number is desired, a reservation can be made in person, in writing or by telephone, or as an online service via the Internet, even before new registration.
- The registration authority may request the presentation of the vehicle for identification purposes.
- The insurance company will be automatically informed by the registration authority about the allocation of the registration number.
To avoid longer waiting periods, appointments can be made:
-> for Bremerhaven: by telephone under (0471) 590-3470 or 3480
Customers without an appointment will be served in parallel, with priority given to appointment customers.
Commercial registration requests will continue to be accepted without appointment.
License plates can be produced during the registration process. For this purpose, private suppliers have settled near the registration authorities. The costs for the signs are not included in the fees. The license plates are stamped by the licensing authority, i.e. they are provided with stickers for the main inspection and the licensing district.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available