Restaurant permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

A permit under hospitality law entitles the holder to operate a restaurant serving alcohol.

Anyone who commercially serves drinks or food for consumption on the premises operates a restaurant. If the offer also includes alcoholic beverages, a permit is required in accordance with the Bremen Restaurant Act. The Senator for Economics, Labour and Europe is responsible for issuing the permit.

  • Identity card or passport with a current registration certificate,

    in the case of representation with written power of attorney: identity card or passport of the authorised representative, as well as a copy of the identity card of the principal

  • Certificate in tax matters of the tax office ,

    (to be applied for at the tax office of the place of residence)

  • Information from the insolvency court as to whether proceedings have been opened,

    (to be applied for at the district court of the place of residence)

  • Certificate of good conduct in document type OG (for submission to an authority),

    (to be applied for at the local registration office responsible for your residence)

  • Extract from the list of debtors of the enforcement court, The debtors' register can only be inspected online at Registration is necessary here. You will then receive a PIN by post, which you can use to start your search. The result of your query must be printed out and enclosed with your application.
  • Information from the central trade register in document type 9,

    This can be requested via the trade registration office. The recipient of the application should be the Senator for Economics, Labour and Europe - Trade Matters, Katharinenklosterhof 3, 28195 Bremen.

    If a legal entity is planned as the operator, information for this legal entity and the entire management is required.

  • Completed application form (printout under Forms)
  • Important note for legal entities,

    The extract from the Central Business Register, the certificate in tax matters, the extract from the debtors' register and the information from the insolvency court must be submitted both for the legal entity (e.g. GmbH, AG) and for the persons authorised to represent it by law, the articles of association or the partnership agreement (e.g. management, board of directors).

    In addition, an extract from the commercial register must be submitted.


The prerequisite for the granting of permission is the personal reliability of the person submitting the application. The permit shall be refused if facts justify the assumption that the person submitting the application does not possess the reliability required for the restaurant business.

  • § 2 BremGastG
  • Kostenverordnung der Wirtschaftsverwaltung (WKostV)

Once you have submitted your application, your reliability under trade law will be checked on the basis of the information you have provided, the documents you have submitted and other official queries.

The catering trade may not be started before the permit has been issued.

Operating a catering business serving alcohol without the required permit is an administrative offence that can be punished with a fine of up to € 5,000.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available