Application for a permit for collectors, transporters, dealers and brokers of hazardous waste Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Collectors, transporters, traders and brokers of hazardous waste require a corresponding permit (§54 Para.1 Kreislaufwirtschaftsgesetz-KrWG). The permit must be applied for at the authority in whose jurisdiction the company has its headquarters. The permit is not transferable and is valid nationwide.
There is no obligation to obtain a permit for:
- Public waste management authorities,
- Specialist waste management companies within the meaning of § 56 KrWG, insofar as they are certified for the activity requiring the permit,
- Collectors, transporters, traders and brokers of hazardous waste who operate within the framework of commercial enterprises,
- collectors, transporters, dealers and brokers of hazardous waste taken back by a producer or distributor voluntarily or on the basis of a statutory instrument (e.g. Battery Act, Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act),
- Collectors, transporters, dealers and brokers of hazardous waste who collect, transport, trade in or broker end-of-life vehicles as part of their transfer pursuant to Section 4 (1) to (3) of the End-of-Life Vehicles Ordinance,
- collectors, transporters, traders and brokers of hazardous waste who operate an EMAS site, whereby the exemption applies in each case only to the area of activity for which the EMAS registration is available,
- collectors and transporters of hazardous waste who collect or transport waste by sea,
- collectors and transporters of hazardous waste who collect or transport waste in the framework of parcel, express and courier services, provided that they take into account in their transport conditions legal provisions adopted for reasons of safety in connection with the transport of dangerous goods.
- Business registration
- Extract from the commercial register,
if the applicant is a legal person
- Certificate of good conduct
- proof of the required technical, administrative and legal expertise
- Proof of the existence of a business liability insurance.
The owner of an establishment and the persons responsible for the management and supervision of the establishment must be reliable. The persons responsible for the management and supervision of the establishment and the other personnel must have the necessary technical and professional competence for their work.
- The owner and the persons responsible for the management and supervision of the establishment must provide evidence of knowledge acquired through practical activity in relation to the activity applied for (2 years) and participation in one or more training courses in accordance with the requirements of the Regulation.
- The requirement of two years of practical work is reduced to one year if the person has received appropriate vocational training.
- The technical qualification shall be updated regularly, at least every 3 years, by participation in recognised training courses: Proof of this must be provided to the competent authority without being asked.
The application shall be made in writing to the competent authority. The relevant form can be found in the section Form/Online Services. It is also possible to submit the application electronically via the "Electronic notification and permit procedure" linked there. The application must be electronically signed (signed).
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available