Care allowance for war victims Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Damaged persons receive a flat-rate care allowance if they are helpless due to war damage. This care allowance is increased if a carer has to be hired and the reasonable costs are higher than the lump sum. Part of the lump-sum care allowance is retained by the injured party.

In the case of temporary inpatient care, the care allowance continues to be paid for a certain period of time.

In the case of permanent inpatient nursing care, the costs of nursing care, support as well as accommodation and meals are covered. The benefit is offset against the pension payments, but a part remains free.

The care allowance is not the same as the care levels of the health insurance.


A claim under the BVG (Federal Pension Act) is only based on persons from the 1st and 2nd World War:

  • injured soldiers
  • Widows and orphans of the fallen
  • Victims of war among the civilian population

Exclusion: Soldiers' Pensions Act: Soldiers' Pensions - Responsibility in Düsseldorf, at the Federal Office for Personnel Management of the Bundeswehr - Care for the Damaged - Wilhelm-Raabe-Straße 46, 40470 Düsseldorf

Exclusion: NVA (National People's Army)': Responsibility in Wilhelmshaven, at the Unfallkasse Bund und Bahn, Weserstraße 47, 26382 Wilhelmshaven

The care allowance must be applied for at the Office for Care and Integration Bremen.

If the nursing care insurance company already pays, sometimes the nursing care insurance company also makes an application.

The processing can take a few months, because documents from doctors and nurses are needed.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available