New national passport: Transfer of the residence permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If the applicant has received a new national passport and is still in possession of a valid residence permit, the re-issue of the residence permit must be applied for (so-called "transfer"). This residence title is issued as an electronic residence permit (eAT). eAT is produced by Bundesdruckerei in Berlin and then sent to the Migration Office for issue. This results in waiting times of currently about 4 weeks.

  • new and old national passport
  • 2 photographs,

    according to the photo sample board

  • current school certificate,

    for school-age children


The new and the old national passport must be presented by the deadline and, due to the need to store biometric data for the electronic residence permit, two fingerprints must be taken from each applicant. This also applies to children from the age of 6. Therefore, when applying for the residence permit, a personal visit is absolutely necessary from the age of 6 years. Two biometric photographs (45mm x 35mm/face height at least 32mm) are required of each person (also applies to infants and small children). For infants and toddlers, limited deviations from the biometric requirements are permitted. For school-age children, a current school certificate is also required.

  • Aufenthaltsverordnung (AufenthV)

You will need to make an appointment to transfer your residence permit to your new Naionalpass. To do so, please send an e-mail with the subject "Transfer appointment" to:

Your desired date will be taken into account as far as possible.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available