Registering a new motor vehicle (without changing the owner and WITHOUT taking the registration number with you) Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
The request may be made in person. A representative with written power of attorney may also be appointed.
From 01.10.2019, the new registration of a vehicle is also possible online under certain conditions. Further information on "internet-based vehicle registration" is available on the website of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (see "i Where can I find out more?").
New vehicle documents have been available since 1 October 2005. These are the registration certificate part I (old: vehicle registration document) and part II (old: vehicle title). These are uniformly designed in the European Union (EU). If there is already a registration certificate Part II (previously: vehicle registration document) and there is still space for the registration, the change is made in it. If the new registration certificates have not yet been issued, they will be issued in this context, even if a further keeper entry in the old papers would be possible. In any case, a new registration certificate Part I (previously: vehicle registration document) will be issued.
The owner must already have registered or changed his registration in Bremen.
- valid identity card or passport of the applicant vehicle owner
- if registered to companies,
- business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
- power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site
- in case of representation with written power of attorney,
additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative
- Registration certificate part I (formerly: vehicle registration document)
- Registration certificate part II (formerly: vehicle registration document),
If the ZB II is in the possession of a third party, it must be sent to the licensing authority. Only when the document is available to the authority can the change be made.
After completion, the document is returned to the sender.
- Direct debit authorisation for motor vehicle tax (SEPA Direct Debit Mandate)
- valid test report on a general inspection,
e.g. TÜV, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, GTS, FSP
- external licence plates,
in the case of registered vehicles which are not registered in Bremen or Bremerhaven at the time of their registration there
- no outstanding fees and expenses from previous admission procedures.
In case of payment arrears, the registration authority may not register the vehicle until these have been settled.
- no vehicle tax arrears (including additional tax payments such as interest, late payment surcharges).
The vehicle tax accounts are checked by the registration office as part of the processing of the registration application. In the case of tax arrears, the registration office may not register the vehicle until these have been paid.
- Written direct debit authorization for the collection of the vehicle tax
Important: This is a service provided by a local authority. Therefore, you can only visit an office that is located in your place of residence.
- Paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV) regulate which vehicles are subject to the registration requirement.
- On 1 July 2010, an amendment to the Vehicle Tax Act came into force. For registrations from 1.7.2010 onwards, the following changes apply:
- When a vehicle is registered, a SEPA direct debit mandate is required for the collection of vehicle tax. A SEPA direct debit mandate issued for initial taxation is also valid for subsequent years.
- Motor vehicle tax exemption or reduction due to severe disability:
Severely disabled persons with the mark "H", "BI" or "aG" in their severely disabled pass continue to be exempt from motor vehicle tax. They do not need to submit a direct debit authorization because of the evidence in their ID.
Further information is available from the main customs office in Bremen.
- § 13 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV) (Mitteilungspflichten bei Änderungen)
- Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
- § 6a Abs. 8 Straßenverkehrsgesetz (StVG) iVm § 1 Gesetz zur Beitreibung von Gebühren- und Auslagenrückständen bei der Zulassung von Fahrzeugen im Land Bremen (Beitreibungserleichterungsgesetz Kfz-Zulassung – BEG HB)
§ 13 Kraftfahrzeugsteuergesetz (KraftStG)
- Flyer Internetbasierte Fahrzeugzulassung
- An application for registration must be submitted to the registration authority. The application can also be made by a representative (e.g. car dealer) with a written power of attorney.
- If a preferred license plate is desired, reservations can be made in person, in writing or by telephone, and as an online service via the Internet, even before the new registration.
- When the vehicle is registered in the name of the vehicle owner, a new registration certificate Part I (formerly: vehicle registration certificate) is issued. It may also be necessary to issue a registration certificate Part II (formerly: Fahrzeugbrief).
- If the vehicle was last registered in a different registration district, new licence plates and, if necessary, a new fine dust sticker can be applied for.
- The insurance company is automatically informed by the registration authority about the allocation of the number plate.
Appointments can be reserved online at any time via
Motor Vehicle Registration Authority: (0421) 361-88668 or (0421) 115.
Citizens' Service Centre North: (0421) 361-88644 or (0421) 115
License plates can be produced during the registration process. Private providers have set up shop for this purpose near the Behördenzentrum Stresemannstr. 48 and the BSC-Nord. The cost of the plates is not included in the fees. The registration plates are stamped by the registration authority, i.e. provided with stickers for the main inspection and the registration district.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available