Seasonal license plate Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
When the vehicle is registered, the period of time (minimum two to maximum eleven months per year) during which the vehicle is to be used (operating period) is specified once. Outside the operating period, the vehicle must be parked away from public roads and places, i.e. on private property (e.g. in a garage).
The change from a "normal license plate" to a "seasonal license plate" can be requested at any time.
A combination of H license plate and seasonal license plate is possible since 01.10.2017.
The operating period is indicated on the right-hand side of the license plate (e.g. 05/11 - written as a fractional number - means that the vehicle may be used from May to November). The insurance cover and the obligation to pay contributions are suspended in the period outside the operating period.
If the season period changes, a new insurance confirmation must be presented.
- valid identity card or passport of the applicant vehicle owner
- in case of representation with written power of attorney,
additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative
- Registration certificate part I (formerly: vehicle registration document)
- Registration certificate part II (formerly: vehicle registration document),
If the ZB II is in the possession of a third party, it must be sent to the licensing authority. Only when the document is available to the authority can the change be made.
After completion, the document is returned to the sender.
- License plates,
for registered vehicles
- electronic insurance confirmation (eVB)
- Direct debit authorisation for motor vehicle tax (SEPA Direct Debit Mandate)
- valid test report on a general inspection,
e.g. TÜV, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, GTS, FSP
- external licence plates,
in the case of registered vehicles which are not registered in Bremen or Bremerhaven at the time of their registration there
- if registered to companies,
- business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
- power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site
- no outstanding fees and expenses from previous admission procedures.
In case of payment arrears, the registration authority may not register the vehicle until these have been settled.
- no vehicle tax arrears (including additional tax payments such as interest, late payment surcharges).
The vehicle tax accounts are checked by the registration office as part of the processing of the registration application. In the case of tax arrears, the registration office may not register the vehicle until these have been paid.
- Written direct debit authorization for the collection of the vehicle tax
Important: This is a service provided by a local authority. Therefore, you can only visit an office that is located in your place of residence.
- New vehicle documents have been available since 1 October 2005. These are the registration certificate part I (old: vehicle registration document) and part II (old: vehicle title). These are uniformly designed in the European Union (EU), and paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV) regulate which vehicles are subject to registration.
- On 1 July 2010, an amendment to the Motor Vehicle Tax Act came into force. For registrations from 1.7.2010 onwards, the following changes apply:
- When a vehicle is registered, a SEPA direct debit mandate is required for the collection of vehicle tax. A SEPA direct debit mandate issued for initial taxation is also valid for subsequent years.
- Motor vehicle tax exemption or reduction due to severe disability:
Severely disabled persons with the mark "H", "BI" or "aG" in their severely disabled pass continue to be exempt from motor vehicle tax. They do not need to submit a direct debit authorization because of the evidence in their ID.
Further information is available from the main customs office in Bremen.
- Electronic confirmation of insurance (eVB):
You can obtain the confirmation of insurance via the motor vehicle liability insurance from the insurance company of your choice. In most cases, you can request the insurance confirmation by telephone from your insurance company.
Since 1 March 2008, the insurer has been able to provide you with an insurance confirmation with a 7-digit alphanumeric VB number, which the registration authority uses to retrieve the insurance data electronically from the central database of the German Insurance Association.
- § 9 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV) (Besondere Kennzeichen)
- Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
§ 13 Kraftfahrzeugsteuergesetz (KraftStG)
- § 6a Abs. 8 Straßenverkehrsgesetz (StVG) iVm § 1 Gesetz zur Beitreibung von Gebühren- und Auslagenrückständen bei der Zulassung von Fahrzeugen im Land Bremen (Beitreibungserleichterungsgesetz Kfz-Zulassung – BEG HB)
- Flyer Internetbasierte Fahrzeugzulassung
- An application for registration must be submitted to the registration authority. The application can also be made by a representative (e.g. car dealer) with a written power of attorney.
- If a desired license plate is desired, reservation, already before the new registration personally, in writing or by telephone as well as on-line service over Internet can take place.
- By registering the vehicle with the new owner, a new registration certificate part I (formerly: vehicle registration certificate) is issued. It may also be necessary to issue a registration certificate part 2 (formerly: vehicle title).
- In the case of a change of owner within Bremen, the previous number plate combination can still be used. However, new licence plates must be produced. In such a case, however, an existing fine dust sticker remains valid.
- If the used vehicle was last registered in a different registration district, new licence plates and, if necessary, a new fine dust sticker are required.
- The registration authority may require the vehicle to be presented for identification purposes.
- The insurance company is automatically informed by the registration authority about the allocation of the number plate.
Appointments can be booked online at any time via www.service.bremen.de/dienststelle/termine or by telephone Mon-Fri from 07:00-18:00 on the following telephone numbers:
Motor Vehicle Registration Authority: (0421) 361-88668 or (0421) 115.
Citizens' Service Centre North: (0421) 361-88644 or (0421) 115
License plates can be produced during the registration process. Private providers have set up near the registration authorities for this purpose. The cost of the plates is not included in the fees. The licence plates are stamped by the registration authority, i.e. provided with stickers for the main inspection and the registration district.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available