Change registration certificate I Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Personal changes (in the case of first names and surnames, for example due to marriage or divorce) must be made in the certificates of admission Part I and Part II.

An exclusive change of address is possible online under certain conditions. You can find further information under the service description "Online - Change of address in the registration certificate part I (ZB I)".

  • valid identity card or passport of the applicant vehicle owner
  • in case of representation with written power of attorney,

    additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative

  • Registration certificate part II or old vehicle registration document
  • Registration certificate part I or vehicle registration document
  • in case of change of address,

    it is not necessary to present the certificate of approval Part II.
    BUT: If an old vehicle registration document is still available: this and the old vehicle registration document

  • valid test report on a general inspection,


  • if registered to companies,

    in addition:
    - business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
    - power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site


Old documents remain valid until new ones are required due to changes in data. It is not possible for old vehicle documents to coexist with the new registration certificate Part II or old vehicle documents with the new registration certificate Part I.

A new registration certificate Part I will be issued if there is a change of address within the registration district. If the vehicle still has old registration documents, the new address can be entered once in the old registration document. If the address has already been changed once in the vehicle registration document, new papers must be issued.

Technical changes must also be entered, if necessary. This also leads to a reissue of the registration certificates Part I and Part II. If the vehicle still has an old vehicle document, the changes generally lead to a reissue of the registration certificates Part I and Part II.

The change must be reported by the owner of the vehicle. If the owner and holder of the vehicle are different persons, the holder is also obliged to report the change.

  • § 13 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV) (Mitteilungspflichten bei Änderungen)
  • Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
  • Flyer Internetbasierte Fahrzeugzulassung

The change must be applied for either personally or through a third party with written authorisation from the authority. The representative must present the power of attorney and in addition the identity card or passport.

The registration authority automatically passes on changes relevant to vehicle tax to the main customs office.

If the vehicle was purchased or leased on credit and the financing bank or lessor has received the vehicle registration document or the registration certificate part II as security, the financing bank or lessor must ask the financing bank to send the document to the registration authority for modification and proof of the right of disposal. Only when the document is available to the authority can the change be made.

After the change has been made, the document is returned to the funding agency.

Note: In the case of a change of address (after a move within Bremen without a change of owner) it is not necessary to present the certificate of registration Part II.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available