Apply for export marks Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The license plate is issued if the vehicle is to be driven abroad under its own power

  • valid identity card or passport of the applicant vehicle owner
  • in case of representation with written power of attorney,

    additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative

  • electronic insurance confirmation (eVB) - export,

    for the export of vehicles (if necessary, also by fax to the registration office for the specific occasion)

  • Registration certificate part I or vehicle registration document
  • Registration certificate part II or old vehicle registration document
  • License plates,

    for registered vehicles

  • valid test report on a general inspection,


  • for vehicles put out of service,

    - old vehicle documents and a deregistration certificate issued before 1 October 2005 or
    - registration certificate part I and II

  • Direct debit authorisation for motor vehicle tax (SEPA Direct Debit Mandate)
  • external licence plates,

    in the case of registered vehicles which are not registered in Bremen or Bremerhaven at the time of their registration there

  • if registered to companies,

    in addition:
    - business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
    - power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site


  • There must be no arrears of fees and expenses from previous registration processes. In the event of arrears, the registration authority may not register the vehicle until these have been settled.
  • Written direct debit authorization for the collection of vehicle tax


  • An International Registration Certificate can also be issued on request (10.50 EUR).
  • Within the framework of EU harmonisation, additional fees of up to 8.70 EUR are due for the replacement of the old vehicle registration document by the registration certificate part II.
  • Since 1 July 2010, export registration numbers have been subject to vehicle tax. The motor vehicle tax is to be paid upon registration for the duration of the validity of the export registration number (SEPA direct debit mandate). The minimum taxation period is one month.
  • Which vehicles are subject to the registration obligation is regulated by paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV).
  • Vehicle tax exemption or reduction as a result of severe disability:
    Severely disabled persons with the mark "H", "BI" or "aG" in their severely disabled pass are still exempt from vehicle tax. They do not need to submit a direct debit authorization because of the evidence in their ID. Further information can be obtained from the main customs office in Bremen.
  • Electronic confirmation of insurance (eVB):
    You can obtain the confirmation of insurance for motor vehicle liability insurance from the insurance company of your choice. In most cases, you can request the insurance confirmation by telephone from your insurance company.
    Since 1 March 2008, the insurer has been able to provide you with an insurance confirmation with a 7-digit alphanumeric VB number, which the registration authority uses to retrieve the insurance data electronically from the central database of the German Insurance Association.

  • § 19 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV) (Fahrten zur dauerhaften Verbringung eines Fahrzeugs in das Ausland)
  • Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
  • § 6a Abs. 8 Straßenverkehrsgesetz (StVG) iVm § 1 Gesetz zur Beitreibung von Gebühren- und Auslagenrückständen bei der Zulassung von Fahrzeugen im Land Bremen (Beitreibungserleichterungsgesetz Kfz-Zulassung – BEG HB)
  • Flyer Internetbasierte Fahrzeugzulassung

  • An application for approval must be submitted to the approval authority. The application can also be made by a representative (e.g. car dealer) with a written power of attorney.
  • There is an obligation to present the vehicle for an identity check.
  • If the vehicle was previously registered, the license plates are unstamped. The export license plate is then issued for the duration of the liability insurance, but for a maximum of one year.
  • The vehicle must have a valid proof of the main inspection (HU) for the registration period (i.e. up to the end date of the export license plate). If the due date of the main inspection is before the end of the export period, you must submit an inspection report on the new main inspection from an officially recognized monitoring organization.
  • Applications are always submitted to the main residence. For applicants without residence in the FRG, the application must be submitted to the vehicle registration office responsible for the location of the vehicle.

Since 1 July 2010, export registration numbers have been subject to motor vehicle tax. The vehicle tax is to be paid upon registration for the duration of the validity of the export registration number. The minimum taxation period is one month.

License plates can be produced during the registration process. For this purpose, private providers have established themselves close to the registration authorities. The costs for the signs are not included in the fees. The license plates are stamped, i.e. provided with stickers, by the licensing authority.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available