Applying for a short-term registration number Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
The registration authorities allocate short-term registration plates in accordance with § 16a para. 1 of the Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV).
The short-term registration number entitles to the following journeys:
- Test drives:
Driving to determine and prove the serviceability of the vehicle (§ 2 No. 23 FZV).
- Transfer journeys:
journeys to transfer the vehicle to another location (§ 2 No. 25 FZV).
You can find more detailed information on the website of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure: https://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Artikel/StV/ueberblick-ueber-die-kraftfahrzeugkennzeichen.html
- valid identity card or passport of the applicant vehicle owner
- in case of representation with written power of attorney,
additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative
- if registered to companies,
- business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
- power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site
- electronic insurance confirmation (eVB)
- Certificate of registration Part I or Part II (alternatively, a current report for obtaining a type approval or chain of custody document),
Original, no copy
- valid test report on a general inspection,
e.g. TÜV, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, GTS, FSP
- The applicant's main residence or permanent establishment is in Bremen or the location of the vehicle for which the short-term registration number is to be applied for is in Bremen. (Note: Location must be proven by a written sales contract).
- The vehicle must be stationary and have a valid general inspection
Journeys with short-term license plates are only possible without a valid general inspection in the following cases:
- To carry out a general inspection or to obtain a type approval, to the nearest inspection or assessment centre in the registration district or adjacent district and back.
- To the nearest workshop in the registration district or in an adjacent district and back for the immediate repair of significant or minor defects found. This does not apply to vehicles which were classified as unsafe for traffic during the inspection.
- Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
- § 16 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV) (Prüfungsfahrten, Probefahrten, Überführungsfahrten)
- Flyer Internetbasierte Fahrzeugzulassung
The application shall be submitted to the local competent licensing authority. A representative (e.g. car dealer) can also be appointed with a written power of attorney.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available