Red classic car license plate Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Vehicles are considered "historic" if they were first registered at least 30 years ago. The date of first registration is decisive.
The registration plate may only be used in the following cases:
- Participation in events which serve to present classic cars and "care of the motor-vehicle cultural heritage", as well as for arrivals and departures to such events
- Test drives, test drives and transfer drives
- Trips for maintenance and repair of the classic cars
- valid identity card or passport of the applicant vehicle owner
- Certificate of good conduct of document type O,
for submission to a public authority
- in case of representation with written power of attorney,
additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative
- Expert opinion according to § 23 StVZO ,
Expert opinion for the classification of a vehicle as a classic car
- Registration certificate part I or vehicle registration document
- Registration certificate part II or old vehicle registration document
- License plates,
for registered vehicles
- electronic insurance confirmation (eVB)
- Direct debit authorisation for motor vehicle tax (SEPA Direct Debit Mandate)
- for vehicles withdrawn from service before 1 October 2005: certificate of immobilisation instead of vehicle registration document
- Vehicles for which no type approval is available,
- full expert opinion according to § 21 StVZO
- valid test report on a general inspection,
e.g. TÜV, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, GTS, FSP
- if registered to companies,
- business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
- power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site
- first registered at least 30 years ago
- Assessment by an officially recognised expert of a technical inspection body or a test engineer of an officially recognised monitoring organisation
- as far as possible in the original condition and in good condition of the vehicle
- no outstanding fees and expenses from previous admission procedures.
In case of payment arrears, the registration authority may not register the vehicle until these have been settled.
- no vehicle tax arrears (including additional tax payments such as interest, late payment surcharges).
The vehicle tax accounts are checked by the registration office as part of the processing of the registration application. In the case of tax arrears, the registration office may not register the vehicle until these have been paid.
- Written direct debit authorization for the collection of the vehicle tax
- The red classic car license plate is an alternative to the classic car license plate with the nominal letter "H" at the end.
- On 1 July 2010, an amendment to the motor vehicle tax law came into force. The following changes apply to registrations from July 1, 2010:
- When a vehicle is registered, a SEPA Direct Debit Mandate is required for the collection of vehicle tax. A SEPA Direct Debit Mandate issued for initial taxation is also valid for subsequent years.
- Motor vehicle tax exemption or reduction due to severe disability:
Severely disabled persons with the mark "H", "BI" or "aG" in their severely disabled pass continue to be exempt from motor vehicle tax. They do not need to submit a direct debit authorization because of the evidence in their ID.
Further information is available from the main customs office in Bremen.
- Electronic confirmation of insurance (eVB):
You can obtain the confirmation of insurance via the motor vehicle liability insurance from the insurance company of your choice. In most cases, you can request the insurance confirmation by telephone from your insurance company.
Since 1 March 2008, the insurer has been able to provide you with an insurance confirmation with a 7-digit alphanumeric VB number, which the registration authority uses to retrieve the insurance data electronically from the central database of the German Insurance Association.
- § 6 i.V.m. § 9 Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung (FZV)
§ 23 Straßenverkehrs-Zulassungs-Ordnung (StVZO) Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt) § 13 Kraftfahrzeugsteuergesetz (KraftStG)
- Flyer Internetbasierte Fahrzeugzulassung
- An informal application is usually sufficient for the allocation of a red classic car registration plate. You can send this in writing or hand it in personally to the registration authority. You can also authorise a representative to submit the application with your written power of attorney.
- The registration authority will issue a vehicle registration booklet once the applicant's reliability has been checked (approx. 2 - 4 weeks).
- The insurance company is automatically informed by the registration authority about the allocation of the registration plate.
Appointments can be booked online at any time via www.service.bremen.de/dienststelle/termine or by telephone Mon-Fri from 07:00-18:00 on the following telephone numbers:
Motor Vehicle Registration Authority: (0421) 361-88668 or (0421) 115.
Citizens' Service Centre North: (0421) 361-88644 or (0421) 115
License plates can be produced during the registration process. Private providers have set up near the registration authorities for this purpose. The cost of the plates is not included in the fees. The licence plates are stamped by the registration authority, i.e. provided with stickers for the main inspection and the registration district.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available