Report noise pollution in the neighbourhood Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

In the case of noise from the neighbourhood, you should first speak directly to the person causing the noise, and if necessary also to other neighbours affected; if a compromise could not be reached during the conversation and the noise is an unacceptable disturbance of your peace and quiet, it may be necessary to involve the competent authority.

  • Gesetz über die Sonn- und Feiertage
  • 32. Verordnung zur Durchführung des Bundes-Immissionsschutzgesetzes (Geräte- und Maschinenlärmschutzverordnung - 32. BImSchV)
  • § 117 Gesetz über Ordnungswidrigkeiten (OWiG) (Unzulässiger Lärm)

IIn acute cases, the competent police station should be informed in order to report the noise nuisance. This is the fastest way to respond to a call.

The police will check on the spot whether the noise is causing a significant nuisance to the general public or the neighbourhood and take any necessary measures (e.g. switching off the music system). The administrative offence can be punished with a fine of up to 5,000 euros.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available