Exemption from the broadcasting contribution requirement Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Under certain conditions, an exemption from the broadcasting contribution obligation or a reduction of the contribution can be granted upon application. The exemption from the obligation to pay broadcasting fees is possible for receivers used exclusively for private purposes.
- Severely disabled pass
- Letter (or copy) from the service provider on the granting of the corresponding social benefits,
If the required documents are not yet available, although the social benefit or the RF mark has already been applied for, a precautionary exemption application must be made. In these cases, the documents must be submitted upon receipt.
Natural persons (private persons in the legal sense) can be exempted if they belong to at least one of the following groups of persons:
- recipients of assistance for subsistence according to Chapter III of Book Twelfth of the Social Security Code (social assistance) or according to §§ 27 a or 27 d of the Federal Pensions Act,
- Recipients of basic provision in old age and in case of reduced earning capacity (Chapter Four of Book Twelfth of the Social Code),
Recipients of social benefits or unemployment benefit II including benefits according to § 22 of the
Second Book of the Social Code
- Recipients of benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act,
- recipients not living with their parents of training assistance under the Federal Training Assistance Act, vocational training allowance under §§ 99, 100 No. 3 of Book 3 of the Social Code or under Chapter 4, Section 5 of Book 3 of the Social Code or training allowance under §§ 104 ff. of Book 3 of the Social Code
- persons entitled to special care within the meaning of § 27 e of the Federal Pensions Act,
- Recipients of assistance for nursing care according to Chapter Seven of Book Twelfth of the Social Code or of assistance for nursing care as a benefit of the war victims' welfare service according to the Federal Pensions Act or of nursing allowance according to the regulations of state law
- Recipients of care allowances under Section 267(1) of the Equalisation of Burdens Act or persons who are granted an allowance on account of need for care under Section 267(2), first sentence, no. 2(c) of the Equalisation of Burdens Act,
- persons of full age who, within the framework of the granting of benefits in accordance with Book Eight of the Social Security Code, live in an inpatient facility in accordance with § 45 of Book Eight of the Social Security Code, and
- deaf-blind people and recipients of aid for the blind according to § 72 of the twelfth book of the Social Security Code.
The radio contribution is reduced to one third for the following persons upon application:
- blind or not only temporarily substantially visually impaired persons with a degree of disability of at least 60 per cent solely because of the visual impairment,
- hearing-impaired people who are deaf or who are unable to communicate adequately by hearing, even with hearing aids, and
- disabled persons whose degree of disability is not only temporarily at least 80 per cent and who are permanently unable to participate in public events because of their suffering.
The exemption or reduction granted to the applicant extends within the home to
- the spouse,
- the registered partner,
- to children of the applicant and of the above-mentioned persons up to the age of 25 years, and
- the occupants whose income and assets have been taken into account when granting a social benefit .
In cases of particular hardship, the obligation to pay contributions shall be waived upon separate application. A case of hardship exists in particular if a social benefit has been refused in an official decision issued by the competent authority on the grounds that the income exceeds the respective income threshold by less than the amount of the monthly broadcasting contribution.
In addition to the presentation of the original or a certified copy of the certificate of benefits, it is also possible to present a separate original confirmation from the service provider, which contains only the data necessary for the exemption from fees, as proof of receipt of the above-mentioned social benefits.
If the required documents (severely disabled person's identity card or notification (or copy) of the service provider about the granting of the corresponding social benefits) are not yet available, although the social benefit or the RF mark
has already been applied for, a precautionary exemption application must be submitted. In these cases, the documents must be submitted upon receipt.
In order to be exempted, the radio subscriber must submit a written application for exemption from the obligation to pay radio licence fees. This application is to be found in
- the social centres of the Office of Social Services,
- the offices of the Jobcenter Bremen
- in the pension office
- in the citizen service centres and
- in the State Office for the Promotion of Education
or is available for download in the online offer. The completed and signed application must be sent to "ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio" together with the necessary documents. The decision on the application will be made in writing from there.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available