Apply for a travel trade card Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

In contrast to the standing trade, in the travel trade a permit in the form of a travel trade card is usually required. The travel trade card can be applied for and issued for a limited or unlimited period. There are also activities in the travel industry for which a travel trade card is not required. The competent authority must be notified of their inclusion.

  • completed application form
  • Identity card or passport,

    - one copy is sufficient in case of written notification
    - in case of representation with written power of attorney, the authorised representative must be able to identify himself with an identity card or passport

  • Proof of personal reliability,

    If you have your residence in Germany, you usually need:
    - certificate of good conduct
    - extract from the central trade register

    If you are resident abroad, you will need documents from your home country proving that you have the personal reliability to provide the service you require.

  • Proof of the entrepreneurial legal form,

    if the registered office is in Germany:
    - if the company is registered: Extract from the commercial register and, if necessary, a copy of the articles of association (e.g. in the case of a civil law partnership (GbR))

    if the company is based abroad:
    - documents from the country of domicile proving the legal form

  • Travel trade card for insurance intermediaries or consultants or as a broker, property developer, construction supervisor, investment advisor or loan broker,

    additional proof of orderly financial circumstances

    - If you are resident in Germany, you usually need:
    - extract from the debtors' register
    - certificate of the insolvency court
    - certificate of the tax office in tax matters

    - If you live abroad, you need documents from your home country that prove that you live in an orderly financial situation.

  • Travel trade card for insurance intermediaries or consultants in addition,

    Proof of competence or proof of expertise or you prove the delegation of expertise to a supervisor

  • Travel trade card for security services,

    - additional proof of the funds and securities required for the operation (if you are resident in Germany, you usually also need an extract from the debtors' register)
    - additional proof of instruction or proof of instruction from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce or proof recognised as equivalent in accordance with the Guard Ordinance

  • Travel trade card for auctioneers,

    additional permission as auctioneer (if necessary as a publicly appointed auctioneer)


are characteristics of a travel industry:

  • commercial enterprise
  • without previous order
  • outside or without a commercial establishment
  • Offering goods for sale or actively searching for or purchasing orders, or
  • offering services or seeking out orders for services, or
  • entertaining activities as a showman or by showman type

Note: The statutory shop opening hours are also binding for the travel trade.


When verifying personal reliability, the authorising authority may, on a case-by-case basis, request other documents in addition to those listed, which are suitable for making a statement on personal reliability as an applicant.

In the case of legal entities (limited liability companies, business companies, public limited companies, registered cooperatives), the application form is only to be completed for the legal entity itself. All personal documents must be submitted for all natural persons entitled to manage the business (e.g. certificate of good conduct, extract from the central trade register, personal papers). An extract from the central trade register must be requested separately for the legal entity.

In the case of partnerships which are not themselves capable of being licensed as such (GbR, KG, OHG, PartG, GmbH & Co. KG), each managing partner requires permission, so that an application form and all personal documents are required for each one.

  • Kostenverordnung der Wirtschaftsverwaltung (WKostV)

A travel trade card must be applied for at the competent authority. On the basis of the information you provide and other official enquiries, your reliability under trade law will be checked. After completion of the verification, you will be informed of the result without being asked. If nothing stands in the way of the issue of a travel trade card, an appointment will be made with you to collect your travel trade card. As the card must be signed by you, it cannot be sent by post.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available