Apply for exemptions from bans in the travel industry Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

In the travel industry, the following activities are prohibited; Distribution of Poisons and poisonous goods (Exception: plant protection products, pesticides and wood preservatives for which a test notice with a test mark has been issued in accordance with building regulations) Hernia ligaments, medical bandages, medical support devices and bandages, orthopaedic footrests, glasses and eye lenses (Exception: safety glasses and ready-made reading glasses) electromedical devices including electronic hearing aids (Exception: devices with direct heat exposure) Securities, lottery tickets, subscription and share certificates for securities and lottery tickets (Exception: sale of lottery tickets within the framework of approved lotteries for charitable purposes on public paths, streets or squares or other public places) Writings distributed under the assurance of rewards or profits Offering and purchasing Precious metals (gold, silver, platinum and platinum side metals) and alloys containing precious metals in any form as well as articles with precious metal coatings (Exception: silver jewellery up to a sales price of 40,00 Euro and goods with silver editions) Precious stones, gemstones and synthetic stones and pearls Offering alcoholic beverages (Exception: beer and wine in tightly sealed containers, alcoholic beverages derived from self-produced products of viticulture, agriculture or fruit and horticulture, the purchase of alcohol for the production of liqueurs and spirits from fruit, plants and other agricultural raw materials in which the raw materials are not fermented themselves, and alcoholic beverages produced in the context of and for the duration of an event from a fixed establishment to the be administered on the spot) Conclusion as well as the mediation of buyback transactions (§ 34 para. 4 GewO) and the mediation of loan transactions for the borrower against payment Offering medicines for sale and seeking orders for medicinal products (§ 51 of the German Medicines Act) (Exceptions: Ready-to-use medicinal products released for circulation outside pharmacies which are plants or parts of plants or press juices made from fresh plants or parts of plants, provided that they have not been produced with any solvent other than water, or medicinal waters and their salts in their natural mixing ratio or their replicas. To the extent that the trader visits other persons in the course of their business operations, unless they are medicinal products which are offered for sale for use in animals in agricultural and forestry establishments, in commercial animal husbandry and in vegetable, fruit, garden and wine-growing establishments, beekeeping and fishing, or that orders for medicinal products from these establishments , the dispensing of which is reserved for pharmacies. This also applies to salesmen and other persons acting on behalf of and on behalf of a trader.) Distribution and transfer of firearms, ammunition, cutting or impact weapons (§ 35 para. 3 sentence 1 no. 1 WaffG) (Exception: Visiting other people in the course of their business operations) Distribution and transfer of explosive substances, insofar as a travel trade card would be required or the requirements of § 55a sec. 1 no. 1 or 3 of the Industrial Code are met (§ 22 sec. 4 sentence 1 no. 1 explosives act). (Exception: distribution and transfer of pyrotechnic articles of category F1) Exceptions are also possible by ordinance of the federal government or the state government. However, there are currently no such legal regulations. You must apply for the exceptions to the prohibitions to the competent authority on a case-by-case basis.

Travel trade card (if necessary; §§ 55a, 55b GewO) Identity card or passport with registration certificate. The competent authority may request further documentation.

Forms: none Written form required: no Personal appearance at pick-up on site: no Online procedure possible: yes

Objection to the rejection of the exemption permit (Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in the decision).
Information on the business start-up portal of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy on the subject of trade/travel

Related Links

In individual cases, you can apply for exemptions from prohibitions in the travel industry to the trade authority of the district or the district-free city in which you want to work.

Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy, Transport and Housing

Last update or date of publication