Apply for a dispensing permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Would you like to serve alcoholic beverages? A dispensing permit is required for this. Only the serving of non-alcoholic beverages is not permitted. You also need a dispensing permit if alcoholic beverages are not offered within a purely gastronomic business, but as an ancillary service to another commercial enterprise (e.B serving alcoholic beverages as part of a sales transaction refreshment bar in a department store; Tasting to increase the sale of alcoholic beverages). If you intend from the outset to limit the serving to a certain period of time (e.B. summer season, Christmas season, etc.), you can apply for a temporary dispensing permit. Permission to serve alcoholic beverages is always granted for a specific mode of operation (e.B. tap, discotheque, etc.) and for certain premises. If you would like to offer the serving of alcoholic beverages on an occasion (e.B. at city festivals, shooting festivals, fairs and music events), you need a special permit, which you can obtain under facilitated conditions. For this you must submit an "application for temporary permission of a restaurant".

Copy of the identity card or passport with registration certificate, or presentation on site. The documents for the building in which the restaurant is located: site plan, scale floor plan drawing and section drawing of the establishment plan of the company (seating plan). If necessary, in duplicate Certificate in tax matters from the tax office of the place where you have lived or operated a business in the last three years Application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority in accordance with § 30 paragraph 5 of the Federal Central Register Act Application for an extract from the Central Trade Register for submission to an authority in accordance with § 150 paragraph 5 of the Trade Code Negative certificate from the insolvency court of those district courts in whose district you have had a residence or a commercial establishment in the last three years Excerpt from the debtor file via the enforcement portal of the Länder in accordance with § 882b of the Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) Proof of information from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) on the basic features of food law in accordance with § 4 para. 1 sentence 1 no. 4 GastG For legal entities: Current extract from the register of commercial or associations or a copy of the shareholders' agreement or the articles of association If requested by a representative: Power of attorney If applicable, residence permit.

Written form required: no Online procedure possible: yes Personal appearance required: no

In order for you to be granted the dispensing permit, you must Prove your personal reliability This is checked on the basis of the extracts from the Federal Central Register and the Central Trade Register. Prove your professional suitability. This is done by presenting proof of information in accordance with § 4 sec. 1 sentence 1 no. 4 GastG of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce or an exemption in accordance with no. 3.4 of the General Administrative Regulation on the proof of information in the former .m Annex 3 to which prove their professional suitability. Prove that the object-related prerequisites are met. For example, the premises must meet the requirements of the building code to protect the health and life of guests and employees as well as the requirements for toilets. In addition, the operation must not have any harmful environmental effects. Accessibility requirements are also reviewed.

You are not allowed to serve alcoholic beverages in your establishment without permission.
Once you have submitted the application and all documents are available in full, the competent authority will check whether you meet all the requirements for granting the requested dispensing permit. If you meet all the requirements, you will receive permission. Only when you have received the permission, you may start the commercial activity. At the same time as the start of the activity, the trade must be noted to the authority responsible for commercial advertisements in accordance with § 14 GewO.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Economic Affairs, Innovation, Digitalization and Energy NRW

Last update or date of publication