Residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment Issuance to find a job for qualified professionals with vocational training

You can obtain a residence permit to look for a job for skilled workers if you have completed qualified vocational training in Germany. Qualified vocational training exists if you have completed vocational training in a state-recognised or similarly regulated training occupation. The duration of the training must be at least two years. If you have completed your vocational training abroad, the equivalence of your qualification with the German, qualified vocational training must be determined by the competent recognition body (e.B. the Chamber of Commerce or Industry). If you wish to work in a regulated profession, the required professional exercise permit must already be issued or promised when the residence permit is issued to find a job. Regulated professions are professional activities the taking up or exercise of which is linked by legal or administrative provisions to the possession of certain professional qualifications. Professions regulated in Germany include .B doctor, nurse, lawyer, teacher, educator or engineer. If you are already in Germany, you can obtain a residence permit to look for a job if you were in possession of a residence permit for work or a residence permit for the purpose of the EU study-related internship immediately beforehand. With the residence permit to look for a job, you can carry out a trial job which enables the qualification to be practised for up to ten hours per week. The residence permit is issued for up to six months.

Valid passport or passport replacement Visa if this was necessary for entry to Germany Current biometric photo Original of the certificate of successfully completed vocational training In the case of foreign professional qualifications: decision on the determination of the equivalence of the foreign professional qualification with a domestic qualified vocational training where available In the case of regulated professions: professional licence or commitment to grant Proof of German language skills Proof of subsistence (e.B. equity, blocked account, commitment) Proof of your health insurance Current registration certificate

Online procedure possible in some cases Written form required Personal appearance required

You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and _ if this was necessary for entry to Germany , a suitable visa. There is no interest in expulsion against you. Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. You own - a domestic qualified vocational training, or - equivalent foreign professional qualification The subject of your job search is employment as a specialist. You have German language skills that correspond to the desired activity. As a rule, German language skills are required at least at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Where necessary, you have a professional licence or a commitment to grant it. You can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover from your own resources without using public services.
Federal Government portal for skilled workers from abroad Federal Government information portal on the recognition of foreign professional qualifications:

The procedure is as follows: Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit. If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card). In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card). If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced. After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office. The eAT card must always be taken up in person.