Residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment Issuing mobile ICT card

You can obtain a Mobile ICT card if you are to work as an executive, specialist or trainee in a German branch of a foreign company. The Federal Employment Agency must agree to the exercise of employment. In particular, the Federal Agency examines your work as a manager, specialist or trainee, as well as pay and working conditions. The residence permit is issued for the duration of the intra-company transfer, but at least for 90 days. . However, the stay in Germany may not reach three years with managers/specialists and 1 year with trainees. At the same time, the planned stay in the Federal Republic of Germany may not be longer than the stay in the EU Member State that issued you the residence permit for the purpose of the company's internal transfer.

Valid passport or passport replacement Residence permit of another EU Member State for intra-company transfer Current biometric photo Proof of your qualifications (e.B. university certificate, certificate of completed vocational training) Evidence of professional experience (e.B. work certificates) employment contract or a letter of dissent, where necessary Proof of subsistence (e.g. equity.B, proof of income, blocked account, declaration of commitment) Proof of your health insurance Current registration certificate In individual cases, the immigration authority may request the submission of further documents.

Online procedure possible in some cases Written form required Personal eras cheinen required

You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement. They hold a residence permit valid for the duration of the application procedure of another Member State for the purpose of the internal transfer. They are to be used as a manager, specialist or trainee in Germany. The in-house transfer in Germany is expected to take more than 90 days. You can present an employment contract valid for the duration of the transfer and, if necessary, a letter of deed. The Federal Employment Agency has approved the exercise of employment. There is no interest in expulsion against you. Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of De utschland. You can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover from your own resources without using public services.
Information from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) on the ICTCard and Europe-wide mobility: BSCW server of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) on the submission of the application:

The procedure is as follows: Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers electronic application. If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken to make the MobilerICT card. In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the Mobile ICT card. If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the production of a MobilerICT card. After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the MobilerICT card from the immigration office. Di e Mobile ICT card is generally to be collect personally. Alternatively, you can send the application to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees via the BSCW server ( The application is then decided by the competent immigration authority.