Explaining the common concern

A declaration of concern must be certified in public. You can do this with the Youth Office responsible for you or for a fee at a notary or notary. In the event of a dispute, only the Family Court can set aside declarations of custody. It is therefore advisable to seek advice on the rights and obligations arising from the declaration of custody. Recognition of paternity is a prerequisite for a joint declaration of custody. If you have not already done so, you can explain paternity and custody together at the Youth Office.

Parents' identity card or passport Birth certificate of the child in which the father is registered or mother's passport in case of prenatal custody Certificate of paternity recognition or court order establishing paternity


The parents are not married to each other Paternity is effectively recognised The child does not need to be born yet, but it must be begotten A court decision on parental custody has not yet been made Parents must appear in person Both parents speak enough German. If this is not the case: Youth Office: If you need an interpreter, please let us know the language you want when making an appointment. Notary: If you need an interpreter, you will need to bring an interpreter for the appointment. This person requires a valid personal document and must not be related to or related to the child's parents.
For the declaration of custody, you must make a personal appointment at the youth office responsible for you or in a notary's office: If not yet, the Father must acknowledge fatherhood Both parents must appear in person, preferably together. In the date you will be informed about the legal consequences of the declaration of custody. This we will then read to you and signed by both parents. Both parents will receive certified copies of the document.