Medical care for mothers and fathers with health insurance
Health insurance companies offer services for the prevention of diseases for mothers and fathers.
As measures for the prevention of diseases, health insurance companies offer spa stays. These include:
- Mother-child cures (measure)
- Father-child cures (measure)
Children can travel either for their own treatment or (usually up to the age of 12 years) as an accompanying person.
As a rule, the health insurance companies select a suitable spa clinic, but take individual wishes into account.
A cure lasts three weeks. For this time, you do not have to submit leave to your employer. The permit is valid as a certificate of incapacity for work.
The necessary documents are prepared by the attending physician.
For mothers and fathers:
- Their health is severely weakened. This condition could probably lead to illness in the foreseeable future.
- a disease that has already occurred should not worsen
- Need for care threatens
For the carriage of children:
- You are a legal guardian
- The child(ren) are also at risk or ill.
- The child(ren) cannot be cared for elsewhere.
The child(ren) are still too small to separate from the parent.
§ 24 Fifth Book of the Social Code (SGB V)
You coordinate with your family doctor and fill out the application form of the health insurance company together. This is submitted to the health insurance company for approval.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality
Last update or date of publication