Apply for BAföG for a training stay abroad Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

With the support for education (BAföG), you can complete a school or university education regardless of your economic background. If you are studying, studying, training or doing an internship abroad, you can also apply for BAföG. The promotion of studies within the EU is possible until the end. If you are studying outside the EU, you can be supported for 1 year. In exceptional cases, funding is also possible for 2.5 years. Your tuition fees and travel expenses will also be taken into account in the calculation.

Application for support Supplementary sheet for training abroad Proof of your income and assets Proof of the income of your parents and spouse/spouse Evidence of tuition fees

The required forms are available from the Training Promotion Offices and are also available on the BMBF's website.

Related Links

You must meet the general requirements for BAföG in Germany For training stays outside the EU: the duration of the training is at least 6 months or 1 semester for internships and cooperative courses of study at least 12 weeks

If you are not receiving financial support in Germany because of the economic conditions of your parents, you can still apply for foreign support, as this applies to different rates of demand.
Further comprehensive information can be found on the Federal Government's website.

Make the request in writing to the competent authority. This can be done informally. However, the information required to establish the claim must be made into use of federally uniform forms.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg

Last update or date of publication