Residence permit for international, humanitarian or political reasons Extension for victims of a crime in accordance with Sections 232 to 233a of the German Criminal Code (StGB)

You are in possession of a residence permit for victims of a crime according to Sections 232 to 233a of the German Criminal Code (Human Trafficking). Then you should be extended by the immigration authority for a further two years if humanitarian or personal reasons or public interests require your continued presence in the federal territory. Humanitarian reasons exist, for example, if you no longer have a livelihood in your country of origin or if you have to reckon with disadvantages, exclusion or retaliation due to your participation in the criminal proceedings. In principle, you are entitled to a residence permit. You are still entitled to benefits under SGB II (basic security for jobseekers) or basic insurance in old age or in the event of disability, child benefit. Family reunification for your spouse and the minor child (so-called nuclear family) is only possible for reasons of international law or humanitarian law or for the protection of political interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. Family members must themselves meet the conditions for admission from abroad on international or humanitarian grounds, The exercise of an activity is not permitted. It can only be allowed by the immigration authority. You are obliged to participate in an integration course if you do not have a simple knowledge of German.

current biometric photo previous residence permit

from your local immigration authority Online procedure possible: no Personal appearance required: yes

Existence of an application for renewal Termination of criminal proceedings Humanitarian or personal reasons or public interests must justify the continued presence in the Federal Republic. There must be no grounds for refusal (no impairment or endangerment of the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany; no expulsion order, no interest in expulsion according to Section 54 (1) No. 2 or 4 AufenthG)
Section 8 (1) i.V. .m. Section 25 para. 4a AufenthG Section 4a AufenthG Section 5 (1) No. 3 AufenthG Section 25 (4a) sentence 1, 3 AufenthG Section 29 (3) AufenthG Section 44 AufenthG Section 44a (1) Sentence 1 No. 1 a) AufenthG Section 54 (1) No. 2, No. 4 AufenthG Section 53 EnenthV

Related Links

As a rule, you must apply to your competent immigration authority for the renewal of your residence permit in person - early before the expiry of the validity of your residence permit. Arrange a preliminary meeting with the local immigration authority. You can also find out about the process of the application and which documents you have to submit and in what form on the respective website of the foreigners' website. If you have applied for an extension within the time limit (before the expiry of the validity of your residence permit), your previous stay is deemed to be permitted until the decision of the immigration authority. If your application is granted, the immigration authority instructs the Federal Printing Office to produce the electronic residence permit (eAT) with a new validity date Please contact the competent immigration authority for the duration of the procedure until the residence permit is issued.

Responsible for the content
Saxon Ministry of the Interior

Last update or date of publication