Residence permit granted to refugees for reasons of international law, humanitarian or political law

If you have been granted refugee protection by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees, you apply for a residence permit with the immigration authority responsible for you. You must be granted a residence permit (legal entitlement) if you have been recognised by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees as an unassailable foreign refugee within the meaning of the Convention of 28 July 1951 on the Status of Refugees (so-called Convention Refugee). However, you may not be granted a residence permit if you have been deported on the basis of a particularly serious interest in expulsion (e.B. conviction for an intentional offence to a custodial sentence or juvenile sentence of at least two years). Until the residence permit is issued, your stay is deemed permitted by law. The residence permit entitles you to work. The residence permit is issued for three years and may be renewed thereafter. They are subject to a residence requirement for three years for the Land in which they have been assigned to carry out the asylum procedure. The residence scheme does not apply or can be repealed if you, your spouse, registered partner or a minor child are admitted to a social security occupation with at least 15 hours per week and a minimum income higher than the monthly average requirement according to the SGB (currently 723 euros), or vocational training or study. Employment must also be sustainable. This is assumed if your employment relationship is expected to last more than three months. You are entitled to social benefits (basic security for jobseekers or basic insurance in old age or in the event of disability), child benefit, parental allowance and support for education Family reunification for your spouse or minor children is possible. The aliens authority may, within its discretion, grant a residence permit to the following spouse or minor child of a recognised refugee, despite a lack of livelihood and lack of adequate housing. If the application for family reunification is made within three months of the issue of the residence permit and the establishment of a family partnership in a third country is not possible, there is a legal right to grant it. You are entitled to participate in the integration course. When issuing the residence permit, the immigration authority shall at the same time determine of its own motion whether there is a right to participate in an integration course. If this is the case, it will provide you with a authorization certificate. At the same time, you will also receive a list of course holders in your area, where you can register by presenting your authorization certificate. You must be granted a residence permit if you have had a residence permit for five years, if the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) has not informed that the conditions for revocation or withdrawal are met, have sufficient knowledge of the German language (level A 2), the livelihood for yourself and your family (community of needs) (at least 51%) from their own income. Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany, may engage in an activity and have all the necessary permits to do so, You have basic knowledge of the legal and social order and the living conditions in the Federal Territory, have sufficient living space for yourself and your family. Can you make a living for yourself and your family largely (at least 75%) from your own income you can secure and master the German language (equivalent to level C 1), you must already be granted the residence permit if you have been in possession of a residence permit for three years.

Decision of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees on refugee status under the Geneva Convention on Refugees current biometric photo Proof of identity, if available e.B. passport, ID card, birth certificate, marriage certificate, citizenship card

Receive from your local immigration authority Online procedure possible: no Personal appearance required: yes

A prerequisite for the granting of a residence permit is the final determination of refugee status by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees Existence of an application for a residence permit There must be no grounds for refusal.
Section 25 (2) Sentence 1 1st Old. AufenthG Section 3 (1) AsylG Section 12a AufenthG Section 9 AufenthG Section 26 AufenthG Section 48 EnenthV Section 52 (3) OntheThV Section 29 (2) AufenhtG Section 44 AufenthG Section 78 AufenthG Section 78a AufenthG

Related Links

As a rule, you must apply for your residence permit in person. Arrange a preliminary meeting with the local immigration authority. You can also find out about the process of the application and which documents you have to submit and in what form on the respective website of the foreigners' website. Your fingerprints will be taken during your appointment. If your application is granted, the immigration authority instructs the Federal Printing Office to produce the electronic residence permit. The residence permit is in the form of a cheque card with additional electronic functions. For the duration of the procedure until the residence permit is issued, please contact the competent immigration authority.