Residence permit for family reasons Granted for the spouse's reunification with foreigners

The residence permit may be issued if you and your spouse or partner have reached the age of 18, with the minimum age being waived in certain cases. As a rule, you must demonstrate simple language skills. With simple language skills, you should be able to communicate in a simple way in everyday life on German, for example, to ask for the way, to shop and imagine. There are several exceptions to the requirement to demonstrate language skills. Is z.B. the foreign person in possession of a Blue Card EU ICT card or Mobile ICT card, then you do not have to prove any language skills. For information on further exceptions to language skills, contact your competent authority. The residence permit for family reunification is a temporary residence permit. It is granted for the period of validity of the family member's residence permit in Germany - for at least one year. If the residence permit of the foreign person living in Germany is valid for less than one year, the residence permit is also issued for the shorter period. The residence permit issued for family reunification entitles you to work. You may be required by the immigration authority to take part in an integration course. This will then be noted on your residence permit.

Valid passport Current biometric photo Visa, where necessary Residence permit of the foreign person in Germany to which the move takes place In the case of family reunification with the spouse: international marriage certificate as officially certified copy or marriage certificate in original language as officially certified copy or marriage certificate checked by the German diplomatic mission for authenticity and correctness of content in original language and in German translation Family reunification to life partner: Partnership certificate Ggfls. Proof of simple German language skills (A1 certificate) Proof of health insurance cover Evidence of livelihood saoffs Proof of housing conditions (e.B. rental agreement or purchase contract with information on the number of square meters of the living space )

Forms: Forms are received from your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online Online procedure possible in some cases Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: yes

You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if necessary for entry- a suitable visa. There is no interest in expulsion against you. Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. The foreign person in Germany has a valid residence permit, residence permit, permanent residence permitEU, Blue Card EU, ICT card or Mobile ICT card. You and your spouse or partner have reached the age of 18. You can demonstrate simple language skills where necessary. Your spouse or life partner has sufficient health insurance coverage and financial resources to care for your family. Your spouse or partner has successfully rented an apartment in Germany that offers enough space for your family.
Information on family reunification with non-EU citizens: ( German) (English) ( German) (English)

The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence. The procedure is as follows: Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit. If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT). In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT). If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT to be produced. After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT from the immigration office. The eAT must always be personally taken up. Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority. Responsible in the state of Brandenburg is the foreigners' authority of the district/district-free city.