Residence permit for the purpose of training Granted for the recognition of professional qualification on the basis of an agreement of the Federal Employment Agency
Residence permit for the recognition of your foreign professional qualification if you have been placed in employment on the basis of an agreement between the Federal Employment Agency and the employment services of your country of origin and further requirements are met.
You can obtain a residence permit for the recognition of your foreign professional qualification if you have been placed in employment in the health and care sector on the basis of an agreement between the Federal Employment Agency and the employment service of your country of origin (e.B. as part of the "Triple Win" programme for the placement of nurses) or on the basis of an agreement in another selected area.
You do not have to carry out a recognition procedure in Germany before granting the residence permit. This can also be started after arrival in Germany. The overall procedure required for this is regulated in the conciliation agreement.
The Federal Employment Agency must have consented to the exercise of employment in the desired occupational field. The approval of the Federal Employment Agency is granted for a limited period of one year. Consent may be granted for the exercise of employment in both regulated and non-regulated professions if certain conditions are met.
Regulated professions are those for the access and exercise of which special professional qualifications had to be acquired, e.B. in doctors, architects, pharmacists. You can find out whether your profession is regulated in Germany, which laws regulate it and which body you have to contact to check your qualifications in the information portal "Recognition in Germany" (see "Further information").
The Federal Employment Agency may give its consent for the exercise of employment in a regulated profession if the desired employment is closely related to the professional knowledge in the profession to be recognized after entry and further requirements are met (see under "Prerequisites"). A close professional connection is given if you e.B. Want to have your qualification as a health and paediatric nurse recognised and work in the field of nursing assistants during the recognition procedure.
The residence permit entitles the person to work for up to ten hours a week, independent of the professional qualification to be recognised.
The residence permit for the recognition of the professional qualification on the basis of an agreement with the Federal Employment Agency is a temporary residence permit. It is granted for one year.
- Valid passport
- Current biometric photo
- Visa, if required
- Proof of livelihood
- Proof of foreign professional qualification
- Proof of your health insurance
- If applicable, professional practice permit
- In the case of regulated professions: Concrete job offer for qualified employment in the profession to be recognised after entry
- Proof of language skills (certificate)
- Forms: Forms can be obtained from your immigration office, if necessary they are also offered online
- Online procedure possible in isolated cases
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance necessary: yes
- You have a recognized and valid passport or passport substitute and, if necessary for entry - a sappropriated visa.
- There is no interest in expulsion against you.
- Your stay does not endanger or adversely affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- You have been placed in employment on the basis of a placement agreement between the Federal Employment Agency and the employment service of your country of origin.
- The Federal Employment Agency has agreed to the exercise of employment in the desired occupational field if consent is required.
Consent is usually obtained from the Foreigners' Registration Office. This can be granted if certain conditions are met.
If you want to work in a regulated profession, you must meet the following requirements:
- You can submit a specific job offer for qualified employment in the profession to be recognised after entry.
- For employment in the desired occupational field, a professional license has already been issued, insofar as this is necessary.
- You declare that after entering Germany, you will carry out the procedure for determining the equivalence of your foreign professional qualification and, if necessary, for the granting of the professional license at the competent recognition authority.
If you wish to work in a non-regulated profession, you must declare that after entering Germany, you will carry out the procedure for determining the equivalence of your foreign professional qualification at the competent authority.
- You have the German language skills specified in the placement agreement, which usually correspond to level A2.
You can secure your livelihood and health insurance coverage without using public benefits.
§ 16d paragraph 4 of the Residence Act:
§ 2 Employment Ordinance
- You can also get free advice on the topics of entry, residence and work at the "Hotline Working and Living in Germany" of the Federal Government portal for skilled workers from abroad.
Phone: 030 1815-1111
Service hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Recognition in Germany:
The residence permit must be applied for at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence. The procedure is as follows:
- Depending on the foreigners' registration office and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out whether your immigration office offers the electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the Foreigners' Registration Office. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your proofs will be checked (bring them with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eATCard).
- In the event of an electronic application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the Foreigners' Registration Office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card).
- If your application is granted, the Foreigners' Registration Office will arrange for the eATKarte to be produced.
- After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT Card at the Foreigners' Registration Office.
- The eATKarte must always be collected in person.
- Fees apply for issuing the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority.
Responsible in the state of Brandenburg is the foreigners' authority of the district/district-free city.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs
of the State of Brandenburg
Last update or date of publication