Residence permit for the purpose of training Grant for a study-related internship EU

You can obtain a residence permit for an EU study-related traineeship if you have obtained a university degree in the last two years prior to the application or if you are still studying in a third country leading to a university degree. A higher education institution is any educational institution that provides for a degree comparable to a university degree that could be obtained in Germany. In this respect, the evaluation recommendations of the Central Office for Foreign Education should be taken into account, see for further information. If you have not yet reached the age of 18, the person entitled to the personal care must agree to your planned stay for the purpose of the study-related internship. The residence permit for a study-related internship is a temporary residence permit. It shall be granted for the agreed duration of the traineeship, but not more than six months.

Valid passport Current biometric photo Visa, where necessary Proof of livelihood (e.B. proof of an internship salary or blocked account with a bank) lease Proof of your health insurance Proof of university degree or ongoing studies in a third country Traineeship agreement with the host institution Cost assumption declaration of the receiving institution

- Forms: Forms are received by your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online - Online procedure possible in some cases - Written form required: yes - Personal appearance required: yes

You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if necessary for entry, a suitable visa. There is no interest in expulsion against you. Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. You have entered into an agreement with the receiving institution to participate in an internship. The internship is used to acquire knowledge, practical knowledge and experience in a professional environment. You are studying in a third country or have not successfully completed your studies more than two years before you apply. The internship corresponds to your university degree or studies. The receiving institution undertakes to cover the costs, the public authorities up to six months after the termination of the traineeship agreement, which are incurred for the subsistence of the foreigner during the unauthorised stay in the Federal Territory and for deportation. Your livelihood is secured for the entire duration of the study-related internship.
Federal Government portal for skilled workers from abroad ( German) (English) Recommendations of the Central Office for Foreign Education: You can also get free advice on the topics of entry, residence and work at the "Hotline Working and Living in Germany" from the Federal Government's portal for professionals from abroad. Phone: 030 1815-1111 Service hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence. The procedure is as follows: Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit. If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card). In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card). If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced. After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office. The eAT card must always be taken up in person. Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority Responsible in the state of Brandenburg dist ie aliens authority of the district/district-free city

Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Local Government

of the State of Brandenburg

Last update or date of publication