Residence permit for the purpose of training Issuance for training for training purposes Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you are a citizen of a non-EU or non-EEA country, you will need a residence permit for training purposes for in-company vocational training or further training in Germany. The residence permit may be issued for both qualified vocational training and vocational training which is not qualified. Qualified vocational training exists in the case of vocational training in a training occupation recognised by the State or in a comparable manner, for which a training period of at least two years is fixed in accordance with federal or national law. If these requirements are not met, it is not a case of qualified vocational training. In-company continuing training is defined .B. qualification measures, internships, practical phases following a course of study or trainee programs. The residence permit for starting vocational training can be granted regardless of your previous qualification, so it is not subject to special school conditions. Whether trainees are suitable for training must be checked by the training company. If you are seeking qualified vocational training, you should normally be able to demonstrate sufficient language skills (language level B1). You can provide suitable language certificates for proof. Alternatively, the training company can confirm that your language skills are sufficient for the desired qualified vocational training. If you do not yet have the necessary language skills, you can attend a vocational German language course in preparation for your training. To do this, present a confirmation of registration for the language course (see also "Further information"). The residence permit to be issued for qualified vocational training also includes attending the language course before the start of vocational training. In principle, there are no requirements for language skills for the commencement of vocational training which is not qualified vocational training. As a rule, however, at least sufficient German language skills at a level A2 will be required. There are no requirements for language skills to take up in-company continuing training. If you wish to attend a language course in advance of vocational training that is not a qualified vocational training course or before further training, you must first apply for a residence permit to take part in a language course and then a residence permit for training and further education purposes. In principle, you must prove that your livelihood is secured for the entire duration of the training or further education. The immigration authority will, among other things, use your training contract for the examination. During qualified vocational training, you are entitled to work up to ten hours per week in an employment that is independent of your vocational training. Employment in addition to vocational training which is not qualified or in-company continuing training is not permitted. Self-employment is not permitted under any circumstances. For the duration of your education and training, you can apply for vocational training allowance. The residence permit can only be issued if the Federal Employment Agency has given its consent. The latter examines the employment law requirements (e.B. the training contract). The residence permit is issued for a limited period of time. Their validity usually depends on the total time of training or further education. You may be required by the immigration authority to take part in an integration course when issuing your residence permit. This will then be noted on your residence permit. If you have not yet reached the age of 18, a person entitled to take care of your personal person must agree to the planned stay for the purpose of in-company training or further education. After successful completion of a qualified vocational training, your residence permit can be extended for up to twelve months in order to find a job. If your qualified vocational training or further training is terminated prematurely for reasons for which you are not responsible, you may in principle be given the opportunity to look for another training place for a period of up to six months. During the validity of a residence permit for in-company training and further training, it is generally possible to switch to another qualified vocational training. Similarly, if you meet the necessary conditions, you can apply to the immigration authority to obtain a residence permit for employment as a specialist, for employment with a strong professional knowledge, for studies or other purposes to which you are legally entitled (change of purpose). Training and further training companies wishing to train a person from abroad can apply to the immigration authority for the accelerated procedure for skilled workers, which can facilitate and accelerate the entry of skilled workers (see "Further information" (

- Valid passport - Current biometric photo - Proof of your health insurance - Training or further education contract - Approval of the Federal Employment Agency - In the case of qualified vocational training: proof of language skills (e.B. by language certificates) - Proof that your livelihood is secured (e.g. rental contract) - Consent of the person entitled to care for the planned stay if you have not yet reached the age of 18 - In addition, - in the case of recent entry: - Visa if required for entry and in the case of a previous stay: - Current residence permit Further documentation is required for the implementation of the accelerated skilled workers' procedure. Please contact the relevant immigration authority

- Online procedure possible in some cases - Written form required: yes - Personal appearance required: yes

- You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if this was necessary for entry, a suitable visa. - There is no interest in expulsion against you. - Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. - Your livelihood is secured. - If you start qualified vocational training, you can prove the necessary language skills. - The approval of the Federal Employment Agency has been given.
Section 16a (1) AufenthG

Related Links

Before entering Germany, you usually have to apply for a national visa for Germany in your home country. After your entry, you must then seek a residence permit. The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence before your visa expires. The procedure is as follows: - Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers electronic application. In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your application in order to arrange an appointment at the immigration office. During the appointment, your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment in the original). - If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your request will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment in the original). - If the approval of the Federal Employment Agency is required, the immigration authority usually collects it in an internal administrative procedure. - You will then receive either the residence permit requested or a rejection notice. - The residence permit is issued for a limited period of time and is only valid for this purpose of residence. - If the purpose of your stay changes, you must inform the competent immigration authority immediately. - The residence permit is issued in cheque card format with additional electronic functions (eAT card). Your fingerprints will be taken in the immigration office for the production. You must also sign. - After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office. In principle, the collection must be done in person. - Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit and the issuance of the eAT card. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority. - You must apply for renewal in good time before the expiry of the validity period of your residence permit. In order to carry out the accelerated procedure for skilled workers, the training and further education company shall contact the immigration authority responsible for the place of training or further training. A central body for the implementation of the procedure may have been set up in your land. Responsible in the state of Brandenburg is the immigration authority of the district/district-free city

Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Local Government

of the State of Brandenburg

Last update or date of publication