Residence permit for the purpose of training Grant for the implementation of a qualification measure Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
They may obtain a residence permit for the implementation of a qualification measure if a recognition procedure has been carried out at a body responsible for the recognition of professional qualifications in Germany and the recognition body has established that the qualification measures for the - the recognition of your professional qualification (determination of equivalence to a national professional qualification) or - for the granting of a professional licence (access to the profession) necessary. Qualification measures include adaptation and compensatory measures in theoretical and practical form (in-company internships, theoretical courses, mixed forms), preparation courses for examinations and language courses. The residence permit for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications is a temporary residence permit. It shall be granted for the duration of the qualification measure, but not more than 18 months. With your residence permit for the exercise of foreign professional qualifications, you may work up to 10 hours per week independent of the qualification measure.
- Valid passport - Current biometric photo - Visa, if necessary - Deficit decision of the recognition body - Proof of at least sufficient knowledge of German at level A 2 - Evidence of the intended qualification measure, if necessary. Training plan - Proof of livelihood - Lease agreement - Proof of your health insurance
- Forms: Forms are received by your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online - Online procedure possible in some cases - Written form required: yes - Personal appearance required: yes
- You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if necessary for entry, a suitable visa. - There is no interest in expulsion against you. - Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. - The body responsible for recognising your professional qualification in Germany has decided that you lack practical or theoretical knowledge or skills in order to achieve full equivalence and that the adjustment, compensatory measures or other qualifications are necessary to establish the equivalence of your foreign professional qualification with a national professional qualification. If you carry out an activity which is linked by law or administrative provisions to the possession of certain professional qualifications (e.B. doctors, nurses, lawyers, teachers, educators or engineers, so-called regulated professions), it must be clear from the decision that adaptation or compensatory measures are necessary for the granting of a professional licence. - You have successfully registered for a corresponding qualification measure. - The qualification measure is likely to enable the recognition of professional qualifications or access to the profession. - You have at least a knowledge of German at a level A2 - In the case of predominantly in-company vocational training, the Federal Employment Agency has approved the qualification measure if the consent is not necessary (the consent is usually obtained by the immigration authority). - Your livelihood is secured.
- Federal Government portal for skilled workers from abroad https://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/visa/kinds-of-visa/recognition/ (English) - Central Office of Professional Recognition: https://www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/html/en/pro/service-center.php (English) - Recognition in Germany: https://www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/html/en/index.php (English)
- Zentrale Servicestelle Berufsanerkennung auf einer Internetseite des Bundesinstituts für Berufsbildung
- Portal für Fachkräfte aus dem Ausland auf einer Internetseite des Bundesministeriums für Wirtschaft und Energie
- Anerkennung ausländischer Berufsqualifikationen in Deutschland auf einer Internetseite des Bundesinstituts für Berufsbildung
The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence. The procedure is as follows: Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit. If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card). In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card). If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced. After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office. The eAT card must always be taken up in person. Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority. Responsible in the state of Brandenburg is the immigration authority of the district/district-free city