Residence permit for the purpose of training Grant for the search for a training place in order to carry out qualified vocational training

You can obtain a residence permit for the purpose of finding a training place if you wish to complete qualified vocational training in Germany but have still found a training place. Qualified vocational training exists in the case of vocational training in a training occupation recognised or similarly regulated by the State or which lasts for at least two years. The residence permit for the search for a training place for the implementation of qualified vocational training is a temporary residence permit. It can be granted for a maximum of six months.

Valid passport Current biometric photo Visa, where necessary Proof of livelihood (e.B. commitment, blocked account with a bank, proof of parents' income or similar) lease Proof of your health insurance Proof of German language skills at level B2 Proof of a corresponding school leaving certificate

Forms: Forms are received from your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online Online procedure possible in some cases Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: yes

You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if necessary for entry, a suitable visa. There is no interest in expulsion against you. Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. You have not yet reached the age of 25. You can have a school leaving certificate that entitles you to university entrance or a degree from a German foreign school. You can demonstrate knowledge of German at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (GER). Your livelihood is secured for the duration of the search for a training place.
Section 17 (1) AufenthG

Related Links

Federal Government portal for skilled workers from abroad You can also get free advice on the topics of entry, residence and work at the "Hotline Working and Living in Germany" from the Federal Government's portal for professionals from abroad. Phone: 030 1815-1111 Service hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence. The procedure is as follows: Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit. If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card). In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card). If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced. After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office. The eAT card must always be taken up in person. Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority Responsible in the state of Brandenburg is the immigration authority of the district/district-free city

Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Local Government

of the State of Brandenburg

Last update or date of publication