Residence permit for the purpose of training Grant in order to continue studies started in another EU country

If you are recognised as an internationally protected person in another EU Member State and have been studying there for at least two years, you can obtain a residence permit to continue your studies in Germany. The residence permit for the continuation of studies started abroad in the EU is a temporary residence permit. It is granted for the duration of the part of the study carried out in Germany. With your residence permit for the purpose of study, you may in principle carry out employment for up to 120 days or 240 half days per year as well as ancillary student activities.

Valid passport Current biometric photo Current residence permit Proof of livelihood (e.B. scholarship certificate, commitment, blocked account with a bank) lease Proof of your health insurance Proof of the status of the internationally entitled person in another EU Member State Proof of study in another EU Member State and, if necessary, Proof of participation in a mobility programme (e.B. Erasmus) Admission notice of the receiving educational institution in Germany

Forms: Forms are received from your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online Online procedure possible in some cases Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: yes

You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement. There is no interest in expulsion against you. Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. They have been recognised as internationally entitled to protection in another EU Member State. They have been studying in another EU member state for at least two years. You have an admission to a state-recognized university or educational institution in Germany. You can demonstrate that you are participating in a Union or multilateral mobility programme (e.B Erasmus) or you have an agreement between two or more higher education institutions. Your livelihood is guaranteed for the duration of your studies.
Section 16b para. 7 AufenthG

Related Links

You can also get free advice on the topics of entry, residence and work at the "Hotline Working and Living in Germany" from the Federal Government's portal for professionals from abroad. Phone: 030 1815-1111 Service hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence. The procedure is as follows: Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit. If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card). In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card). If your request is met, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced. After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office. The eAT card must always be taken up in person. Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority. Responsible in the state of Brandenburg is the immigration authority of the district/district-free city