Residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment Issuance for the purpose of employment with a high level of professional practical knowledge

If you have a strong professional knowledge, you can obtain a residence permit to work in the field of information and communication technology (IT). To do this, you must have worked in IT for at least three years in the last seven years, and you must have acquired a strong level of skills and knowledge of your work. In addition, the issue of such a residence permit presupposes that there is a contract of employment or a specific job offer with a certain minimum salary. You do not need to have completed qualified vocational training or studies. Recognition of your qualifications acquired abroad is also not required. It can be helpful if you have not only several years of professional experience but also relevant theoretical knowledge (e.g. certificates or certificates). Before issuing a residence permit, the Federal Employment Agency must give its consent. It also examines whether certain pre-conditions can be dispensed with. The Federal Employment Agency gives its consent for a longer than four years. The residence permit is issued for a limited period of time. Their validity depends on your employment contract or the period of validity of the approval of the Federal Employment Agency. You may be required by the immigration authority to take part in an integration course. This will then be noted on your residence permit. If you are an employer and would like to hire an IT specialist from abroad, you can apply to the immigration authority for the accelerated skilled procedure, which facilitates and speeds up the entry of skilled workers, under the authority of the foreigner.

Valid passport Proof of your work experience of at least three years within the last seven years If available further evidence of your acquired theoretical knowledge (e.g. certificates) Your language certificate level B1 Original of your employment contract or a binding job offer with salary (please use the federal uniform form Declaration on employment relationship ) Current biometric photo Current registration certificate Proof of your health insurance Lease   In addition in the case of recent entry: Visa if required for entry   and in the case of a previous stay: Current residence permit or other right of residence certificate (e.g. residence permit, toleration) Further documentation is required for the implementation of the accelerated skilled worker procedure by the employer. Please contact the relevant immigration authority

Forms: Declaration of employment (uniform throughout Germany); further government-specific forms can be obtained from your immigration authority, if necessary these will also be offered online Online procedure possible: sporadically Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: yes

You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if necessary for entry, a suitable visa. There is no interest in expulsion against you. Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. You have worked in IT for at least three years over the last seven years. You have an employment contract or a binding job offer in the field of information and communication technology. Your salary will reach at least 60% of the contribution ceiling in the pension insurance. In 2020, 60% will be equivalent to a minimum gross salary of EUR 4,140 per month or EUR 49,680 per year (limit applies to the whole of Germany). The amount of the contribution ceiling will be announced in the Federal Gazette for each year until 31 December of the previous year by the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Construction and Homeland (see further information). You can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover independently without claiming public benefits. You have sufficient knowledge of German. This corresponds to the language level B1. In individual cases, the requirement of knowledge of German can be waived. If you do not want to do so in your case, you must apply for and justify this. The Federal Employment Agency has agreed to take up work (the consent is usually obtained from the immigration authority). For consent, you must, among other things, Their working conditions (in particular salary) are comparable to those of a German employee in the same position.
Section 19c para. 2 AufenthG Section 42 paragraph 1 number 2 Residence Act (AufenthG) Section 6 Employment Ordinance (BeschV)

Related Links

Federal Government portal for skilled workers from abroad Information on the stay of professionals without vocational training or academic training, e.g. for IT specialists without formal qualifications, on the website of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (german): Information on the stay of professionals without vocational training or academic training, e.g. for IT specialists without formal qualifications, on the website of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees: In this way, you will arrive at the annual notices of the Federal Ministry of the Interior on the minimum salary required for the residence permit for IT professionals without formal qualifications: Open the website of the Federal Gazette and enter the words "Notice to Section 6 of the Employment Ordinance" in the search form there. You can also get free advice on the topics of entry, residence and work at the "Hotline Working and Living in Germany" from the Federal Government's portal for professionals from abroad. Phone: 030 1815-1111 Service hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

The residence permit must be applied for with the immigration authority responsible for your residence. The procedure is as follows: Depending on the immigration authority and concerns, it may be possible to apply via the Internet. Find out if your immigration authority offers the electronic application for a residence permit. If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment with the immigration authority. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your evidence will be checked (bring it with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT card). In the event of an electronic application, the immigration authority will contact you after receipt of your online application in order to make an appointment at the immigration office if necessary. During the appointment, your proofs will be checked (bring them to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the electronic residence permit (eAT card). If your application is granted, the immigration authority will arrange for the eAT card to be produced. After about six to eight weeks, you can pick up the eAT card from the immigration office. The eAT card must always be taken up in person. Fees apply for the issue of the residence permit. The timing and form of payment vary depending on the authority. Responsible in the state of Brandenburg is the immigration authority of the district/district-free city