international applicants Admission Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you are an applicant from a member state of the EU or one of the signatory states of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway), you should submit your application for admission directly to the university where you intend to study. Degree programmes open to admission The degree programme you wish to study is open to the general public, which means that admission is not restricted. For these courses of study, as a rule, every applicant receives a place on the course. Local admission restricted study programmes For degree programmes where the number of places on offer is not sufficient for all applicants, an admission restriction applies, generally referred to as a numerus clausus (NC). Places on degree programmes subject to local admission restrictions are allocated by the university. In these cases, the application must be sent directly to the university. Programmes with nationwide admission restrictions Study places which are subject to a nationwide admission restriction are allocated by the Foundation for University Admission (Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung). It also allocates places on selected courses offered by individual universities. The allocation of study places is based on three criteria: Average grade of the university entrance qualification Waiting period University selection procedure Hint: Inquire early about details at the respective university, especially in the online offer and at the general student advisory service of the respective university.

For example, certified copies of the following documents and their German (or English) translations must be added to the application: Certificate of secondary school graduation with overview of grades. Degree from a higher education institution, the overall grade achieved and/or an overview of the achievements in the individual semesters if applicable, proof of having passed the university entrance examination in the home country if applicable, proof of German language skills.

Forms: yes Online procedure possible: partially Written form required: yes Personal appearance required: partly

Acquisition a qualification required for the course of study in Germany or at a German school abroad (§ 9 Abs. 1 S. 2 BbgHG) or foreign school education certificate (e.g. Abitur) which entitles you to study at a higher education institution in the country of issue (i.e. mostly in your home country) and this education certificate is equivalent to a higher education entrance qualification acquired in Germany and you have the language skills required for the study programme or they have the language skills required for the course of study and a foreign professional qualification which is equivalent to a professional qualification acquired in Germany - which entitles them to take up university studies in the state of Brandenburg (§ 9 Para. 3 S. 1 BbgHG) or you have passed the entrance examination of a German higher education institution (§ 9 Abs. 1 S. 5 und 6 BbgHG).

For some courses of study, proof of a professional internship or completed vocational training is a prerequisite for admission to the course.
At some universities you need the recognition or an evaluation of your university entrance qualification ( pre-examination documentation ) from uni-assist as a prerequisite for application. You submit the complete application documents for your desired course of study to the university within the application period. After the application deadline, the admission procedure begins at the universities. After a successful application, you will receive the notification of admission from the university by mail.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg

Last update or date of publication