international applicants Admission of applicants from non-EU countries Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

You have a foreign nationality or are stateless and would like to study in Germany. Then apply directly to the university where you want to study later or via uni-assist . This applies to all courses of study.

Higher education entrance qualification which allows access to higher education in the country of origin (e.g. Matura, Baccalaureat, School Leaving Certificate, General Certificate of Education GCE), and the corresponding lists with individual grades university or college certificates (also from colleges, academies) and the corresponding lists with individual grades Certificate of the passed assessment test including a list of grades (if already taken) Certificates or transcripts (including list of grades) of university entrance examinations passed abroad Enrolment or study certificates (if available) Proof of knowledge of the German language, if the application is not exclusively for an English-language course of study. Curriculum vitae with a complete tabular overview of previous education Please note: The respective university will inform you about the submission of further documents.

Forms: yes Online procedure possible: partially Written form required: yes Personal appearance required: partly

a level of education equivalent to the German university entrance qualification (certificates or Studienkolleg assessment test), language skills required for the course of study and, if applicable the fulfilment of university-specific requirements.

They contact the International Office of the university at which they wish to study in order to have their university entrance qualification checked. If the certificate from the country of origin is not recognised, a so-called Feststellungsprüfung (assessment test) takes place. There are Studienkollegs throughout Germany that prepare students for this examination. You can also bypass this exam if you start studying in your home country and then, for example, apply to a German university after completing your basic studies and enter directly. Alternatively, you can attend a Studienkolleg in Germany and obtain your university entrance qualification there.
You apply for a study place mostly on the internet via the application portal of the respective university. In addition, you must send a signed printout in paper form to the university in good time. You can request the "Application for admission to the first semester" and the application documents from the respective university. You can also find the application form on the website of the respective university. You must then submit the application and other required documents to the university by the deadline. This is often possible online. The university decides on your admission and informs you about it. If you are accepted, you will receive information about the deadlines for enrolment at the university together with the admission letter. In the case of a rejection, you will receive a rejection letter with information about the move-up procedure.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg

Last update or date of publication