Voters' register for the mayoral election Registration of EU citizens living in Germany
A list of persons entitled to vote is kept for each constituency. The electoral roll ensures the proper participation of eligible voters in the election.
A list of persons entitled to vote is kept for each constituency. The electoral roll is the basis for the proper conduct of the election. It ensures that only those entitled to vote take part in the election and cast their vote only once. It is drawn up on the 42nd day before the election by registering all eligible voters with their main residence in the population register in the electoral area ex officio. If you acquire the right to vote after the 42nd day before the election, e.B. by moving in, you will also be registered ex officio. You will receive an election notification by entering it in the voters' register. Homeless persons as well as persons who have their centre of life in the electoral area but are only registered with a secondary residence can submit an application for entry on the voters' register up to the 15th day before the election.
- Annex 1a of the BbgKWahlV: Application for entry in the voters' register in accordance with § 10 sec. 1 sentence 2 and 3 BbgKWahlG
- Annex 1b of the BbgKWahlV:Application for entry in the voters' register in accordance with § 15 (2) sentence 2 BbgKWahlV
The forms Annex 1a and Annex 1b must be in the original (written form requirement).
The form forms are available from the district returning officer or can be accessed on the Internet, e.B. under
The right to vote is given, i.e.:
- National of another Member State of the European Union (EU citizen)
- 16 years of age
- Permanent residence in the electoral area or who is otherwise habitually resident in the electoral area
- Is not excluded from the right to vote.
§§ 23 and 24 BbgKWahlG, §§ 13 to 15 BbgKWahlV
Public announcement by local returning officers
The registration of persons with permanent residence in the electoral area is carried out ex officio.
Homeless persons as well as persons who have their centre of life in the electoral area but are only registered with a secondary residence must submit an application for entry in the voters' register.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs, Unit 23
Last update or date of publication