Voters' register for municipal elections Registration of Germans living in Germany
A list of persons entitled to vote is kept for each constituency. The electoral roll ensures the proper participation of eligible voters in the election.
A list of persons entitled to vote is kept for each constituency. The electoral roll is the basis for the proper conduct of the election. It ensures that only those entitled to vote take part in the election and cast their vote only once. It is drawn up on the 42nd day before the election, by officially registering all eligible voters who have their main residence in the population register in the electoral area. If you acquire the right to vote after the 42nd day before the election, e.B. by moving in, you will also be registered ex officio. You will receive an election notification by entering it in the voters' register. Homeless persons as well as persons who have their centre of life in the electoral area but are only registered with a secondary residence can submit an application for entry on the voters' register up to the 15th day before the election.
Sample forms of the Brandenburg Municipal Election Ordinance:
- Annex 1a: Application for entry in the voters' register in accordance with § 10 sec. 1 sentence 2 and 3 BbgKWahlG
- Annex 1b: A ntrag on entry in the voters' register in accordance with § 15 sec. 2 sentence 2 BbgKWahlV
The forms Annex 1a and Annex 1b must be in the original (written form requirement).
The right to vote is given, i.e.:
- German citizenship,
- 16 years of age,
- permanent residence in the electoral area or whoever else habitually resides in the electoral area.
- is not excluded from the right to vote.
§§ 23 and 24 Brandenburg Municipal Elections Act,
§§ 13 to 15 Brandenburg Municipal Election Ordinance
Brandenburg Municipal Election Ordinance
Brandenburg Municipal Elections Act
- Public announcement of the Returning Officers
- The form forms are available from the district returning officer or are available on the Internet, e.B. under
Information on the local elections
The registration of persons with permanent residence in the electoral area is carried out ex officio.
Homeless persons as well as persons who have their centre of life in the electoral area but are only registered with a secondary residence must submit an application for entry in the voters' register.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs,
Last update or date of publication