Funding for training Approval Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The BAföG support enables young people to complete a school or university education that corresponds to their skills and interests, regardless of their social and economic situation. You can receive financial support if, as a pupil or as a student or student, you are otherwise unable to raise the necessary funds for your livelihood and education. The amount of the support in case of need depends on your income and assets and on the income of your parents or spouse or registered partner. The support is basically family-specific.

formal application School certificate, enrolment certificate or proof of internship Proof of income of parents and, where applicable, spouse or civil partner Tax notice from the penultimate calendar year if there is no tax notice: Printing of the electronic payroll tax certificate of the penultimate calendar year if necessary, certificate from the competent tax office on the tax-free annual income of the penultimate calendar year The competent authority will inform you if further documents are required.

Forms: Application form Online procedure possible: yes Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: no The required forms are available from the Training Promotion Offices and are also available on the BMBF's website.

Related Links

General requirements: German citizens foreign nationals depending on their residence status They must not be older than 30 years at the start of training (exceptional arrangements for over 30 sovers are possible) Your own income and assets, as well as the income of the parents and, where applicable, the spouse or registered partner are not sufficient to finance the training A distinction is made between the following cases: Initial application: parent-dependent and parent-independent support Request for repetition: parent-dependent and parent-independent support Update requests Depending on the type of training support, additional conditions may be met.

If the relevant training promotion office has any queries for you or still needs documentation, it will contact you. Once your application is complete and processing is complete, you will receive a notification by post after processing.
If you wish to apply for BAföG for schooling, you must usually submit your application to the Office for Educational Promotion, in whose district your parents are permanently resident. The offices for support for training are set up by the district administrations and the administrations of the district-free cities. If you wish to apply for BAföG for a course of study, you must submit your application to the University's Office for The Promotion of Education. If you wish to apply for an internship, your responsibility is whether the internship is related to a school or university visit. The Office for the Promotion of Education and Training, which is responsible for promoting school or higher education, is also responsible for promoting the traineeship. If you would like to apply for BAföG for a foreign education (school, university or related internship), please contact the central offices for support abroad (different depending on the country of destination).

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg

Last update or date of publication