Initial examination of young trainees Certificate

If you are under the age of 18 and want to start an employment relationship (training), you need to get a medical examination (initial examination). Without this examination and a doctor's certificate of this examination, employers may not employ you. The initial examination is not necessary for only minor employment. The initial examination is also not necessary for a work lasting no longer than 2 months with light work, of which no health disadvantages are to be feared for you. As a rule, these conditions should be met when working during the school holidays.

Survey form for the initial examination with signature of the persons entitled to care Vaccination card/vaccination documentation if necessary, severely damaged id card, allergy passport

Form: Survey form for the initial examination Document: Privacy Information Online procedure possible: no Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: yes

You are under 18 years of age. You want to start an employment relationship that is not insignificant and lasts longer than 2 months. The initial investigation has been successful.

This procedure is especially valid in Brandenburg
see benefit "Initial examination of young trainees Implementation"

The initial examination of young trainees is usually carried out in the 10th grade as part of the school leaving examinations: In the run-up to the examination, you, as a student, will receive the questionnaire and data protection information in addition to the date of the examination, requesting that you bring the questionnaire to the appointment. The examinations are carried out in the health department or in the respective schools. In addition to a physical examination, this includes a visual and hearing test, a urine sample and the verification of vaccination status. You will then receive a medical certificate for the employer from the health office. Sometimes further examinations are necessary with specialists (e.g. ophthalmologist, orthopaedic surgeon, etc.) before you receive the certificate.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Integration and Consumer Protection

Last update or date of publication