Permission to grant temporary medical psychotherapy Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The activity as a psychological psychotherapist / psychological psychotherapist or child and adolescent psychotherapist / child and adolescent psychotherapist is regulated in Germany by precise regulations. This means that in order to be able to work in the profession of psychological psychotherapy or child and adolescent psychotherapy in Germany, you need an approval or a temporary permit to pursue the profession. Then you can also get permission to exercise medical psychotherapy temporarily. Permission to exercise medical psychotherapy temporarily is required for the exercise of the profession. It must be applied for.

The LAVG will tell you what documents you need to submit. Important documents are generally: Proof of identity (e.g. your passport or identity card) if your name is changed: Marriage certificate Curriculum vitae in table form and in German (list of your training courses and your professional practice) Proof of your professional qualification (certificate, detailed study and hour overview of theory and practice, Diploma Supplement) Certificate that you may work in your country of education as a psychological psychotherapist or child and adolescent psychotherapist / child and adolescent psychotherapist Proof of your professional practice (e.g. certificates from employers) Proof of your other qualifications (e.g. continuing vocational training, courses, seminars) Registration certificate or proof that you want to work in the state where you apply written declaration of whether and to which body you have already made an application for equivalence. If available, the communication received Proof of your Knowledge of German Proof of your personal suitability: official certificate of leadership of a German authority. Another name for the official certificate of leadership is "Certificate of Leadership Type O". In Germany, you will receive a certificate of leadership from your registration office or citizen's office. The official certificate of leadership should normally be a maximum of 3 months old at the time of presentation. Also a certificate from an authority in your home country: for example, an extract of criminal records A Certificate of Good Standing a signed statement that no criminal proceedings are under way against you and will not be investigated against you Proof of fitness for health: A medical certificate or certificate of your health. The proof may not exceed 3 months when you submit the application. The LAVG will inform you which documents you need to submit in the original or as a copy. You must submit your documents in German. This often means that your documents need to be translated. The translations must be made by translators who are publicly appointed or authorised.

Online procedure possible: no Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: no

Related Links

completed training in the profession of psychological psychotherapy or child and adolescent psychotherapy, health suitability, Proof of reliability and assessment of the exercise of the profession sufficient knowledge of German at level C 2 Proof of competence
The procedure may vary from one federal state to another. In most länder, the procedure is as follows: You can apply in writing for permission to temporarily exercise medical psychotherapy: Submit your application and the necessary documents to the LAVG. LAVG then checks whether you meet all the requirements under Section 4 of the Law on the Professions of Psychological Psychotherapist and Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist. LAVG states its decision in writing in a communication. You can take legal action against the LAVG's decision. The decision will then be reviewed. Details can be given in the appeal notice at the end of the decision.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Integration and Consumer Protection

Last update or date of publication