Permission to carry out the job title Dietic Assistant / Dietitian Grant

The activity as a dietitian is regulated by precise regulations in Germany. This means that in order to work as a dietitian in Germany, you need a government permit. With this permission, you may use the professional title "Diet Assistant" or "Dietitian" and work in the profession. Permission to use the professional title "dietitian" or "dietitian" is required to practise the said profession. It must be applied for. Permission is granted if you have not been guilty of conduct which gives rise to unreliability in the pursuit of the profession, are suitable for the exercise of the profession from a health point of view, have passed the government examination for dietitians after a 3-year training, have the knowledge of the German language necessary for the pursuit of the profession.

- official certificate of leadership in the original (not older than 3 months) - Proof of health suitability for the profession of dieticist or dietitian (not older than 3 months)

After a 3-year training, the state examination passed for dietitians Health suitability (meaning that you can work mentally and physically as a dietitian or dietitian.) Reliability for work as a dietitian or dietitian no criminal record. Proof of the german language required for the job. This is usually the level of B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.

Comparable training qualifications obtained outside Germany can be recognised as equivalent in accordance with Section 2 (2) DietAssG. If you have a corresponding completed education outside Germany, you may (in accordance with EU law) work as a service provider temporarily and occasionally without permission in accordance with Section 1 Diet AssG in Germany. You must report this to the LAVG in advance.
You can apply in writing for permission to use the professional title "Diet Assistant" or "Dietitian" using the form available: Download and print the form online. Fill in the form and add the necessary evidence. Submit the application documents to the LAVG. You will then receive the desired permission by post and transfer the fee provided for this purpose.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Integration and Consumer Protection

Last update or date of publication