Registering a broadcast contribution

As an adult, you must pay a radio fee for your apartment. hint: If another person already pays a broadcast fee for your apartment, you are exempt from payment. For citizens, the contribution changeover will be largely automatic as of January 1, 2013.

informal writing by post or completed registration form on the Internet

You must register with the contribution service, if you are of legal age (18 years or older) and if you or someone else does not yet pay a broadcast fee for your apartment. There is no obligation to pay a fee for a vacant apartment. The prerequisite is that: that it is not inhabited by anyone, that there is no rental contract for them and that no person is registered with the population registration office for them.

The broadcasting fee has replaced the broadcasting fee as of 1 January 2013. Special rules apply to companies, institutions and the self-employed.
You must register your apartment with the competent authority. You can do this do informally in writing, fill out a form or use an online service. The form is usually available in the municipalities. You can also download it from the Internet. Note: If you have previously paid broadcasting fees, they will be automatically converted to the broadcast fee. You will usually receive mail from the contribution service. Tip: If you do not have to pay a contribution, for example because another resident in the apartment already pays the broadcast fee, you can unsubscribe from the contribution service.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication
No information available