Residence Deregistration

Your new apartment is not domestic? Then you have to unsubscribe. How, you can find out here.

If you move out of an apartment and do not move into another home in Germany, you will need to unsubscribe.

The most important cases are the move abroad or the deregistration of a secondary dwelling.

If you move within Germany, you do not have to unsubscribe. It is sufficient if you register with your new municipality n.

Confirmation of the housing provider


For persons under 16 years of age, care must be taken to ensure that they are deregistered by the persons from whose accommodation they move out.


Dr. Laier, RL VII2 BMI

Related Links

  • Section 17 paragraph 2 federal reporting act (BMG)
  • Section 21 paragraph 4 federal reporting act (BMG)
  • Section 24 paragraph 1 federal reporting act (BMG)
  • Point 17.2 and 21.4 General Administrative Regulation for the Implementation of the Federal Reporting Act (BMGVwV)

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of the Interior (BMI), Unit VII2

Last update or date of publication