Broadcasting contribution in the private sector Discount

Under what circumstances can you receive a reduction in the broadcasting fee?

If you have a badge with the mark "RF", you can receive a discount on your broadcast contribution. You will then pay a reduced contribution of EUR 5.83.

  • current badge for severely disabled persons with a "RF" mark in the original (front and back) or in a certified copy or
  • Certificate issued by the Authority on the award of the "RF" mark
  • If necessary, further evidence

Attention: You will not receive the certificate from the authority or service provider. The original is intended to remain there. You do not have to mark the original badge for the severely disabled. You will receive it back unsolicited.

Related Links

  • Application for exemption or reduction


You have a badge with the mark "RF" and belong to one of the following groups of people:

  • You are blind or permanently physically impaired: degree of disability (GdB) of 60 percent solely because of the visual impairment
  • You are hearing impaired, deaf or you cannot communicate sufficiently with hearing aids
  • They have a disability and are therefore unable to participate in public events at all costs and the GdB is permanently at least 80 percent

Note: If you receive a discount, it extends to your wife or husband within the apartment. The same applies to your registered life partner.


As of 1 January 2013, the broadcasting contribution replaced the broadcasting fee.

Related Links

  • Broadcasting Contribution State Treaty (RBStV)

If you have a disability and receive certain state social benefits, you can receive an exemption instead of a discount. By proving that the authority concerned, you can apply for exemption from the broadcasting fee if, for example, you receive these benefits:

Unemployment benefit II,
Basic security or

Related Links

  • Information on the exemption from the obligation to pay contributions to broadcasting and the reduction of the broadcasting contribution

You must apply in writing to the competent authority for a reduction in the broadcasting contribution. To do this, use the required form. You will receive it from towns and cities and from the competent authorities.
You can also fill it out online. Print and sign the form at the end of the input process. Ensit the necessary evidence and send your documents by post.

Note: You will receive the discount from the first of the month indicated in the authorisation notice or certificate as the start of your service.

Responsible for the content
no technical approval

Last update or date of publication
No information available